PDA

View Full Version : The New Tomb Raider

Stealth
03-08-2013, 09:07 AM
It's pretty fun, graphics are amazing and the gameplay is very similar to uncharted.

If you are a tombraider fan you will probably enjoy it.

The only thing so far there hasn't really been a lot of puzzels to solve like in the original ones.

EXCellR8
03-08-2013, 04:28 PM
i have yet to try it... computer being a bit of a prick lately not sure y.

if it's similar to uncharted i'll probably like it, sometimes i felt like those games had too many puzzles... but still great

XGRaViSmOrSX
03-08-2013, 06:27 PM
got it for free when i bought my 7850 recently. pretty good game, and looks fucking fantastic.

EXCellR8
03-09-2013, 12:44 PM
hopefully doesn't do what hitman did... maxed out the memory on my 3gb 7970 resulting in CTD. huge outcry on the forum since november about it affecting both amd and nvidia users and even after several patches/drivers there is still no fix. the shitty side of being a PC gamer...

using the latest beta driver from amd i should try hitman again but i'd rather just play this

sfd
03-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Heard this game was shitting the bed on any nvidia cards. Nvidia claims the developer coded the game for ATi exclusively and even driver updates won't fix most issues.

EXCellR8
03-09-2013, 01:53 PM
^supposedly that was fixed with the first update...

nvidia cries about one game out of 100 favoring amd hardware, lol

Stealth
03-09-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm about 15% into it and still no real puzzles. There's been some, stuff but nothing crazy. I think the hardest one was filling a room with gas and throwing a lantern into the room to blow it up...nothing that took hard thinking.

EXCellR8
03-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Lack of puzzles isn't likely to bother me too much... uncharted had me scratching my head a little too often.

This game is decent so far but I'm already stuck at a part that's pissing me off. First area where it introduces stealth kills and you gotta get up to the top of this chasm. Take out the two guys and then shoot the lanterns. Problem is they always spot me and I can't progress because I keep getting fired at. Meanwhile the fucking fire sneaks up from behind and forces you forward/upward into oncoming fire. Fkn bullshit. Had me frustrated so I had to quit a little earlier. Sometimes I feel like the developers don't even play test their game...

Stealth
03-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Lack of puzzles isn't likely to bother me too much... uncharted had me scratching my head a little too often.

This game is decent so far but I'm already stuck at a part that's pissing me off. First area where it introduces stealth kills and you gotta get up to the top of this chasm. Take out the two guys and then shoot the lanterns. Problem is they always spot me and I can't progress because I keep getting fired at. Meanwhile the fucking fire sneaks up from behind and forces you forward/upward into oncoming fire. Fkn bullshit. Had me frustrated so I had to quit a little earlier. Sometimes I feel like the developers don't even play test their game...

not sure what part you are talking about....are you hands tied up?

If it's that part it's pretty easy, all you gotta do is wait for them to turn around and sneak behind them to the next cover spot. I died a few times because I wasn't sure what I had to do.

EXCellR8
03-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Nah I think I'm just beyond that part you're talking about... it's when u first get prompted to choke the dudes out and u gotta climb up to a zipline. Had to rage quit after like 20 deaths lol on hard they shoot really fast and she gets knocked back a bit when hit. I think I just gotta be quick, scramble, and get head shots because I don't think u can get through this particular section unseen. I'm gonna try it again in a bit if I don't pass out early tonight.