thinkmad
03-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Anyone play GoWA's pvp for PS3?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBHlyHIzCLU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md69x93tmTU

add me; psn: thinkmad

EXCellR8
03-17-2013, 05:51 PM
I heard the multiplayer is a complete flop... so i wouldn't buy it for that. as for the single player i tried the demo and it was decent. mortal kratos is a little boring but the action and scale is still there.

i will most likely pick this one up at some point, but not now.

thinkmad
03-17-2013, 06:24 PM
I heard the multiplayer is a complete flop... so i wouldn't buy it for that. as for the single player i tried the demo and it was decent. mortal kratos is a little boring but the action and scale is still there.

define flop? i bought this game after trying multiplayer from a friend, and i dont see where the flop is. PVP is balanced, it's all based on player skill. Levels only unlock gear, items and magic abilities. But a level 1 can easily fuck up a level 20+ (max is 30, atleast I haven't seen anyone higher). Like I said, it's all about player skills, so if you're good... you can easily start fucking up people higher than you.

There's a 4v4, 2v2, Capture the flags, and Arena type games for multiplayer.

The only thing I would see as a 'flop' is the party system, because sometimes it takes a while to find a party. Or when the game doesn't 'count' because the host disconnected at the end.

EXCellR8
03-17-2013, 08:52 PM
eh, i'd be much more interested in taking a stab at the campaign on a challenging difficulty than slashing away online. not to say that i'd probably hate it, and the footage is interesting, but this is another one of those games that just doesn't need MP imo. i've always been a fan of this franchise and i think i've played all of them going all the way back to the first on the PS2. i guess it's cool to have the option to play versus, but i can't see that holding up my attention for too long. guess i'd have to try it first...

Cage
03-17-2013, 11:17 PM

according to all the online reviews . . . the campaign is too short and the online is its strong suit

Stealth
03-18-2013, 06:38 AM
The multiplayer reminds me of a game I used to play awhile back. I want to say hexen but I'm not sure.

It was 3rd person and you would have these blade staffs and fight each other. I'm talking about early 2000. PC.

It was a mod that was done for muliplayer so it was a bit buggy, but if i recall the object was to cut the guys head off to win. You would do spinning moves and shit.
It was fun.

Stealth
03-18-2013, 06:40 AM
Heretic II lol.

good game.

EXCellR8
03-18-2013, 10:52 AM
according to all the online reviews . . . the campaign is too short and the online is its strong suit

...not all online reviews say this. seems to be a totally mixed critique now that the game has been out for a short while. some say the multiplayer is dumb, some say it complements the overall design and combat system. i guess it can't be any worse than bioshock multiplayer or as shallow as crysis 3 or something. i'm waiting for the giantbomb guys to review but they're busy making 40 min videos of irrelevant shit and counting their money from premium subscriptions or something.

as much as i'd like to pick this up, i feel like it's just not gonna be as good as III, therefore i don't want to drop $60. at the end of the day i've made MUCH worse game purchases tho :lol: