PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

civcmatt
03-20-2013, 10:31 AM
anyone else pick this one up? i picked it up yesterday have played for a few hours and I'm digging it.

graphics are eh COD status for the most part but i find the game play pretty decent. Hoards of walkers is actually kinda hard you cant just hit them in the head once with a hammer or something, it takes a few times depending on how heavy it is, and you can use guns but have limited ammo and the sound brings more. you have to find supplies and shit to move forward and have lots of choices in the game that can effect the future of the game which throws a pretty cool aspect to not just being a shoot em up zombie game.

you can also pick which survivors stay with you and which you send packing...give them weapons and give them tasks to do while you are finding supplies as well. have to pick which streets you drive that uses more or less fuel, but less fuel means less supplies, more fuel means more supplies.

not the best game on the market im sure, but im enjoying it personally. Im a big FPS gamer and love TWD...good combo.

EXCellR8
03-20-2013, 03:26 PM
I got it downloaded; will give it a shot. I'm pretty exhausted with zombie/undead games but if it's good I'll probably play it for a bit. Dead Island, Day Z, COD, and the other Walking Dead game lost my interest pretty quick so I think I'm just tired of the whole zombie survival thing. Seems like L4D raised the bar in 2008 and now nothing can really top it.

I also stopped watching the show altogether for the time being... dunno if that's relevant to the game at all.

Double R
03-20-2013, 07:54 PM
Saw a bunch of videos of it and it looked like another shitty tie-in milking a popular franchise.

I mean, it looked like PS2 graphics or something.

civcmatt
03-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Saw a bunch of videos of it and it looked like another shitty tie-in milking a popular franchise.

I mean, it looked like PS2 graphics or something.

it is milking a popular franchise no doubt about it. i think they are a bit better than PS2 graphics...but not much.

as far as reliant to the show. its a prelude to the series, shows what happens to the Dixon brothers. starts off you are Daryl hunting with his dad and a few people. dad gets killed and you roll with your dad's friends to try and find Meryl who is locked up in another town. not sure what else after that thats as far as i have gotten.

EXCellR8
03-21-2013, 07:07 PM
didn't get very good review from GB:

This is not the Walking Dead game you're looking for.

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/the-walking-dead-survival-instinct-review/1900-566/

civcmatt
03-22-2013, 09:37 AM
i can see why people are saying that.

more i play i can see its def not the best game out there....but honestly...i find it addicting! have no idea why, but i dont want to stop.....

once i beat it ill prolly sell it though, no use after that. no multiplayer or anything like that. just single player see no point after that.

Double R
03-25-2013, 08:42 AM
Hey man, as long as you like it. That's all that matters.

civcmatt
03-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Hey man, as long as you like it. That's all that matters.

haha guess that is very true.

speaking of Zombie games....anyone pick up RE:6 at all?

civcmatt
04-03-2013, 09:10 AM
already beat the game....REALLY short as i predicted.

only benefit to beating it is you can turn on "perks" and play again. like starting the game with an assault rifle and crossbow instead of getting the crossbow mid game and the assault rifle last level. it was fun...but not worth playing again.