PDA

View Full Version : Burning XBOX 360 games to disc?

BigD
04-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Is it possible to burn xbox 360 games to a dvd and have it work? If so, how?

Also, i'm on a mac if that makes any difference, and my xbox isn't modded.

EXCellR8
04-13-2013, 03:36 PM
it's more work than it's worth imo... basically u need a burner that can burn the game correctly (custom firmware)... and the dvd drive in the console itself needs to be flashed (more custom firmware). furthermore, you need DVD DL media which isn't exactly cheap but not terrible. the shitty part about it is when the burn fails or you use the wrong settings for the burn or something it's quite a headache. wasting DVD DL is more costly than CD-R or something etc.

there are much better solutions, and regardless you can't use a console that is not modded. it's not hard to do but not exactly worth the time imo.

civcmatt
04-13-2013, 09:34 PM
also the xbox live can "tell" its burned and ban your account from live apparently

Stealth
04-13-2013, 11:03 PM
fuck burning games

get an xk3y and call it a day.

zedron
04-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Xbox not modded = you cant.
Modded you can but you will have to upgrade your "mod" twice a year at the minimum to meet new dashboard requirements

Playing burned games to disk is a PITA because of teh above post. I was having to open my box and upgrade my firmware a few times a year because MS would release an update in a game that made the update required. Plus with doing it this way you 100% cannot play online without getting banned.

Get an Xk3y and call it a day. I made a little review of it here. Its worth every cent and the package it was mailed in.

EXCellR8
04-14-2013, 04:35 PM
still need to get one of those... def tired of burning games and the process is constantly changing.

right now i'm on LT 3.0 i believe and a few of the games i've burned have gotten screwed up. there's a few new burning tools and i'm not crazy about how they work.

Stealth
04-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Xk3y is better in every way.

The only thing is upfront cost is more because you need to buy the stuff to do it, but if you are already modded or have the ability to, you are already 1/2 way there. I think it cost me $100 or so in totle but I got the wifi adapter too so i can change games on my phone without getting up

EXCellR8
04-16-2013, 02:14 PM
where's the best place to grab one? UK?

i haven't really been using either one of my consoles lately so I've been lazy about getting on board with this. every now and then I'll burn a game, mostly exclusives, but I don't have much time to play nowadays. gay.

Stealth
04-16-2013, 02:44 PM
i think mine came from canada

BigD
04-22-2013, 11:50 PM
How does this xk3y work? Is it simply plug n play?

Edit: Nevermind, just looked it up.

EXCellR8
04-23-2013, 03:03 PM
yea it basically makes burning obsolete. i myself don't have much of a reason to get one at this point since there's nothing on the 360 horizon at the moment--but if you want to catch up on xbox games it seems like the best option and is easy to install from what i hear. if you have the old 360 it's stupid easy to take apart all u need is a torx driver (google the size) and a small flathead; 5 min tops u can have it disassembled. just make sure u don't power it on without the drive connected etc or you may be flagged. i haven't ripped apart a new generation console yet but i think it's compatible with the xk3y.

Stealth
04-23-2013, 06:48 PM
u need to get the key off ur drive, it's much more then just plugging it in.

zedron
04-24-2013, 01:04 AM
Hardest part is the key extraction. New boxes are a bitch to do but older ones are a piece of cake.

Stealth
04-24-2013, 08:10 AM
yea, key extraction is a pain in the ass.

EXCellR8
04-24-2013, 12:13 PM
i've almost memorized mine... flashed it to so many CFW drives. i don't even remember the process to extract with mine.

but yea if the key is needed i'm guessing the device just acts as a decoy or something? pretty neat, i still might get one just to have it but idk.

Stealth
04-24-2013, 01:24 PM
I had the process down when i was doing multiple boxes all the time, but now that i haven't done it in awhile I gotta google that shit