PDA

View Full Version : E3 stream

Double R
06-10-2013, 12:14 PM
http://new.livestream.com/polygon/E32013pressconferences

Double R
06-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Honestly, PvZ 2 is the only game I've been excited about other that MSG5.

Ryse looked like it had potential until the QTE love fest began.

I'll have to see more of Titanfall to make a better conclusion on that game.

Siegler
06-10-2013, 10:04 PM
WOW

Sony just put the nail in M$'s coffin

veloceracing
06-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Sony just donkey punched Microsoft. It's literally like they watched all the criticism of Xbox One and said, "do the opposite."

Siegler
06-10-2013, 10:35 PM
LOL..the asian guy is one of the presidents of Sony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA&feature=player_embedded

XGRaViSmOrSX
06-10-2013, 10:39 PM
:lol: siegs beat me to it. fucking brutal

Siegler
06-10-2013, 11:21 PM
haha

http://www.destructoid.com/jack-tretton-wikipedia-page-edited-255967.phtml

Cage
06-11-2013, 01:22 AM
When Sony went on their spill about used games being sharable and offline play, the crowd really went crazy.

Every indication so far is that M$ is going to get their asses handed to them badly this time around.

Double R
06-11-2013, 08:08 AM
When Sony went on their spill about used games being sharable and offline play, the crowd really went crazy.

Every indication so far is that M$ is going to get their asses handed to them badly this time around.

And nobody peeped when they mentioned that PS+ will be required to play multiplayer online.

Still, as a 360 customer, I'm not jelly. The value is better and there's no paywall for services like Netflix.

Probably subsidizing the cost of the PS4.

XGRaViSmOrSX
06-11-2013, 03:08 PM
PS+ in the 3 years ive had it has easily paid for itself 10x over. Not too surprised it is required for online play but at least you get Driveclub for free on day one.

Double R
06-11-2013, 03:21 PM
I think it had a lot to do with Sony rolling out cloud gaming with Gaikai in 2014.

That shit ain't cheap. Add that with every PS4 game being offered digitally > *

May run into storage problems.

Oh wait, I can replace the HDD with a bigger one.

:nerd:

XGRaViSmOrSX
06-11-2013, 03:34 PM
my biggest thing was region free. bought quite a few imports last gen and it makes getting games earlier or non released titles possible without having to buy a damned japanese/euro console.

EXCellR8
06-11-2013, 06:33 PM
preordered my PS4 a little while ago, killzone bundle. was gonna go driveclub but idk how good that will be.

now to get a badass TV before it arrives, sorry wallet... u gon die come fall.

zedron
06-11-2013, 07:44 PM

This.

Siegler
06-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Sucks they just slipped in the whole online play requiring a fee. Fucking greedy bastards.

Cage
06-12-2013, 02:17 AM
And nobody peeped when they mentioned that PS+ will be required to play multiplayer online.

Still, as a 360 customer, I'm not jelly. The value is better and there's no paywall for services like Netflix.

Probably subsidizing the cost of the PS4.

its really not a surprise to me. Im surprised we have gotten away with not paying for PSN through the entirety of the PS3's life tbh.

what it boils down to is this. . when you consider what MS is offering compared to Sony, Sony just beats it on every single level. Even paying for PSN for multi-player, this isnt real leverage to argue a negative point against Sony considering people have always had to pay a subscription fee toward Xbox Live.

before I knew anything at all about the new consoles, I said to myself "I will probably go with MS this time around and give the Xbox a chance" . . .but after everything i have seen so far, it looks like it will be Sony for another 10 years.

With all of MS announcements, they might as well throw in the towel and stop even trying to compete in the console market.

I dont know man. . after this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ-To7WJyWs

and this is just painful to watch. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzDsYEPkSc4

MS better do something drastic in November to turn themselves around

Double R
06-12-2013, 06:35 AM
Only if M$ comes out with a plug in fleshlight to jack me off while the NSA watches me through the kinect.

civcmatt
06-12-2013, 12:15 PM
and this is just painful to watch. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzDsYEPkSc4

MS better do something drastic in November to turn themselves around

honestly thats pretty sad....if you think about it the price difference isnt that drastic. Xbox comes with Kinect....if you get that same Eye or whatever its called with Sony it adds 50 bucks...so the comparable package for PS4 vs Xbox is 449.99 to 499.99....is it really that big of a difference? nope! i think xbox should offer a non kinect option for 399.99 because not everyone uses kinect and they are being forced to have one, and thats not everyones cup of tea. I personally think they are pretty fun so i dont care that much. but really think about it its a $50 difference i dont know why people are booing it :shrug:

they do beat them with the no online thing even though i think thats kind of retarded anyway. most people who play have internet....i know my xbox is plugged into the internet all the time, even when i travel :shrug:

for used games....am i wrong when i took it as an understanding that xbox allows you to play used games, but they are leaving it up to developers to figure out licensing? kind of like what they do now with Battle Field and EA games?

it does sound like PS4 took its hardware and shit on Xbox though....i think Xbox should have stepped it up and really went at it on Hardware...even with that though I'm an Xbox person so i will be getting one 95% sure on that.

seems like people just like to hate on MS/Xbox

Double R
06-12-2013, 01:00 PM
If the Xbox tried to match Sony's hardware it would have probably upped the cost to around $600.

Also, the PS Eye is completely optional and not forced into the bundle at a higher cost.

My Xbox has been plugged into the internet forever as well. The "always on" really doesn't affect me at all. However, fuck them. It's completely unnecessary and WILL fuck a lot people over.

I'm not a terrorist, but I still don't want the NSA all up in my shit either.

civcmatt
06-12-2013, 01:12 PM
If the Xbox tried to match Sony's hardware it would have probably upped the cost to around $600.

Also, the PS Eye is completely optional and not forced into the bundle at a higher cost.

My Xbox has been plugged into the internet forever as well. The "always on" really doesn't affect me at all. However, fuck them. It's completely unnecessary and WILL fuck a lot people over.

I'm not a terrorist, but I still don't want the NSA all up in my shit either.

would it really though?? the only difference that i have seen is DDR5 vs DDR3...which isnt that big of a deal both have an 8core processor....but the graphics? it couldn't cost that much more.
and ya that's what i mentioned was xbox should give the option of without for 399.99....like they did before, have a few options for people.

xbox 360 had:
4GB
4GB with Kinect
250GB
250GB with Kinect
and the entire payment plan with Xbox Live
they hit all the markets and wallet sizes for people.

Cage
06-12-2013, 05:22 PM
i would say the console having to check in online every 24 hours is a big deal. Lets use this scenario, I live in Florida where hurricanes can knock out my internet service for a week. Even though i have power restored, a console, and a game to play.. my console will lock me out from playing games all together since it cant phone home.

Or, lets say i want to install a console in my vehicle. Its an inconvenience that if im traveling the interstate and want to let my little niece play a game in the back seat, she cant do it because there is no connection

then we have this statement from the CEO .. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxkEe_l7S3g

:smh:

Stealth
06-13-2013, 08:15 AM
That dudes PR skills is terrible. So disconnected from what the public it's not even funny...however.

Here's my take on the whole sistuation. The requirement for it to always be connected isn't really that big of a deal to ME or probably a majority of people i know. However, the fact that it does require it to connect is going to limit it's sales in parts of the world that don't have always on connections and places where people want to play and don't have internet. The fact that they assume people only play online is a bit weird. That CEO makes it seem like microsoft knows what's best for everyone and trying to force this idea that we need to get used to it or don't buy it. Personally, I don't think that was the correct approach. That fact that they want it always online is NOT in the best interest for people, but for microsoft to save $$$ they are losing and preventing
it from happening. Lets face it, this policy is a DIRECT result of piracy and used game sales. It's a way to make sure the money goes from the consumer to microsoft and only that way. The current 360 is extremely easy to mod, between flashing, hardware chips, and jtags, you pretty much can get all the media
you want and play it without paying any $$$. Then comes the used game sales, which completly bypasses microsoft's bank and puts money into other companies like gamestop, gamefly and even redbox now. In the end these greedy CEO's are looking at the buttom line and seeing what they can do to make
more money for themselfs. That's why all these people that play offline or don't go online they don't care about, it has nothing to do with peoples best interest and making things better, its for the only purpose of making more money. They probably make very little in profit if at all on the system, their only revenue stream is games, DLC, and xbox live. So why would they care if someone buys the system to play offline? They don't, because offline players won't be making
them any money aside from initial game sale, which is bypassed if they rent or buy used.

In the end it's all about money to them..

I'll be buying a ps4 till a xbox one is hacked (if it ever is)

civcmatt
06-13-2013, 09:52 AM
i would say the console having to check in online every 24 hours is a big deal. Lets use this scenario, I live in Florida where hurricanes can knock out my internet service for a week. Even though i have power restored, a console, and a game to play.. my console will lock me out from playing games all together since it cant phone home.

Or, lets say i want to install a console in my vehicle. Its an inconvenience that if im traveling the interstate and want to let my little niece play a game in the back seat, she cant do it because there is no connection

then we have this statement from the CEO .. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxkEe_l7S3g

:smh:

see i can see that being a problem, personally we dont have weather like that so the thought never even crossed my mind. going down the highway thing is a pain but could always turn the tethering on on your phone for a few mins. actually i guess you can do that for a storm too. (unless you have a shitty service provider that doesn't have disaster recovery) none the less it is still a pain in the ass for that situation.

the CEO saying that....is what i personally think is wrong with their marketing for this console...they are going after one market and i dont think thats the way to do Anything if you are in the market of making any sort of money. but his actual words....HORRID. it seems like they are taking all the negative feedback personally and going with the attitude of "like it, buy it or fuck you"

Im sure SOMEONE will hack it, its running xbox OS and Windows OS.....those 2 dont have the storngest rep for being "secure" :true story:

Double R
06-13-2013, 09:54 AM
So, someone help clarify this.

Microsoft needs DRM because game devs are suffering from the used game market.

Then, they come out and say one person can buy a game and share it with 10 other people.

Wait, what? Sure, publishers are going to love not getting money from those 10 other people who were interested in buying the game.

civcmatt
06-13-2013, 10:19 AM

Then, they come out and say one person can buy a game and share it with 10 other people.

Wait, what? Sure, publishers are going to love not getting money from those 10 other people who were interested in buying the game.

you have to be xbox live friends with them for 30 days though first....so that means they are real friends thus making the DRM null.............................................. ........................................

..................................get it now? it makes total sense!

Stealth
06-13-2013, 11:10 AM

I believe that friend sharing feature will not be available at launch, it's something that will be eventually added.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Double R
06-13-2013, 11:48 AM
No you're right.

It's something being "worked on".

EXCellR8
06-13-2013, 06:57 PM
they just rolled out another version of the 360... for whatever reason. a little late this gen to be rehashing but then again it wasn't that long ago Sony released the slimmer PS3. meh. i need to pick up a copy of Last of Us tomorrow after work.

is nintendo releasing anything new other than a Wii of a new color or another DS? i don't care personally but I'd like to see what they limp to the barn with :lol:

Reaper
06-13-2013, 07:20 PM
pshhh Wii is where its at. thats all i ever play.. when i want to bowl without driving anywhere.

Cage
06-13-2013, 08:16 PM
they just rolled out another version of the 360... for whatever reason.

they have to keep the 360 alive for their offline players lol

Stealth
06-14-2013, 06:21 AM
It's the same guts as the slim, just a different shell basicly.

I'm sure they did it to see if they could further stop piracy? Dunno why they would waste money on building ANOTHER console.

civcmatt
06-14-2013, 10:20 AM
pshhh Wii is where its at. thats all i ever play.. when i want to bowl without driving anywhere.

Gamecube was their last struggle to stay alive.......i owned one cuz i was a huge Nintendo fanboy and rode hard on the N64 peen hard...then i got introduced to xbox my gamecube was sold shortly after. wii is a joke.
its fun if you have people to play with or silly kids games (which i know you have kids so it makes more sense)

It's the same guts as the slim, just a different shell basicly.

I'm sure they did it to see if they could further stop piracy? Dunno why they would waste money on building ANOTHER console.

seriously its prolly to give the "offline people" or the "poor" people an option to have something "new"

Stealth
06-14-2013, 01:22 PM
The Xbox Live Rep that posts on the MMA forum got banned from down votes it received..

it tried posting advertising ufc app on the 360 and it got downvoted to hell lol...

I thought reddit was the only place people hated it but it seems it's universal.

Reaper
06-14-2013, 04:29 PM
yeah matt, the kids are the only ones that play it.. ill stick to PC for all my gaming needs. i've been working full time and trying to run my own business, so i haven't even played a game in months.

EXCellR8
06-14-2013, 05:12 PM
i barely have time to sit down with games anymore but i gotta have them. takes me awhile to play through some but whatever...

ugh i miss the days where my only responsibility was showing up to school and getting average to slightly above average grades :lol:

veloceracing
06-17-2013, 12:27 AM
got an email fro amazon. I got a launch PS4 on the way.

Stealth
06-17-2013, 06:15 AM
I reserved mine last week, no release date yet though. It might not even be out this year.

Stealth
06-17-2013, 06:18 AM
Rumor is same date has xbox one

Double R
06-17-2013, 04:31 PM
PS1: Sept 9
PS2: Oct 26
PS3: Nov 11
PS4: ??

I'm thinking they release it the week of Black Friday. Maybe thurs or friday at midnight.

EXCellR8
06-17-2013, 06:19 PM
amazon says dec 31? prob just the buffer date...

i haven't gotten any emails since i ordered, fkn game stop lol

Stealth
06-18-2013, 06:49 AM
Call of Duty: Ghosts had a leaked release date of NOV 5th.

If i was in sony's shoes, I would probably try and get ps4 out before the one drops, 1. to get people to buy it because it's first 2. to get people that were planning on getting the xbox to switch over and just buy it early because all their friends got it.

civcmatt
06-19-2013, 03:55 PM
xbox just released this statement

Microsoft's next game console, the Xbox One, is perhaps best known for its complex used game system and once-per-24-hour online check-in requirement. Today, Microsoft is rolling back those policies, and the company took to its Xbox blog to explain. "Today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360," Xbox head Don Mattrick writes. He then states:

"An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360."

Mattrick further explains that this is a direct response to gamer outcry. "Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One," he says. Further, he confirms that Xbox One games will be region-free, and that disc-based games will have to be kept in the disc tray rather than ripped to the console and played digitally (a previously touted Xbox One feature).

Double R
06-19-2013, 04:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8JPLGth.gif

Cage
06-19-2013, 04:19 PM
lmao at Microsoft eating their own ass

I will still go with Sony. . fuck them

veloceracing
06-19-2013, 05:24 PM
If they kill the required Kinect and drop the price $100, I'd consider after the holidays.

EXCellR8
06-19-2013, 05:38 PM
might consider used depending on the mod market. just like i did the 360.

Double R
06-19-2013, 06:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/90YBgUy.png

That kid a total faggot. I wonder what kind of mental gymnastics he is doing to justify his DRM nuthugging over the past few weeks.

XGRaViSmOrSX
06-19-2013, 07:53 PM
total biscuit is so fucking salty it's embarrassing. He really needs to just shot talking and eat a bullet.

Siegler
06-19-2013, 11:08 PM
http://nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/the.gif

Stealth
06-20-2013, 05:46 AM
IMO, microsoft had no choice. They would of suffered wayyyy to much.

Cage
06-20-2013, 02:11 PM
to be honest, the faster, cheaper PS4 still seems like it has more to offer.

i could really give a fuck less about Halo, and when it all boils down to it, Titan Fall looks cool, but at the end of the day, it is just another shooter. Most titles ill go after will probably be cross platform, or available on PC if i must play it.

the playstation is basically going to cost 460.00 after PSN+ subscription

the Xboxone is going to be 560.00 since i dont have a live account and would have to purchase one

and i have no interest in the kinect or any motion control . . . the PS4 still seems to be the better purchase between the two

Double R
06-21-2013, 06:43 AM
Titanfall = COD on source engine.

civcmatt
06-21-2013, 09:47 AM
ya they really didnt have a choice in changing it. people were knocking them way to hard to be successful with it.

Stealth
06-21-2013, 09:52 AM
I reserved a ps4, i'll grab xbox when they become hackable.

veloceracing
06-21-2013, 01:16 PM
I can't even fathom a way that microsoft could fuck up a launch any worse than they have...with out even releasing a console.

First they say the DRM can't be turned off, then they turn it off. Then they say you can't have family share because of the lack of DRM. And then someone comes out and says the family share would have been severely limited anyway.

How do you fuck up this bad? You piss people off with your DRM, then you piss people off by getting rid of a feature they wanted in exchange for the DRM, then you piss off EVERYONE by them finding out the feature wouldn't have been worth it to start with!

And you're still $100 dollars more and won't get rid of the Kinect requirement.

FUCK THAT.

Stealth
06-21-2013, 05:05 PM
The family share only allowed you to play the game on one system at one given time.

So you would still need to buy 2 copies to allow lets say 2 brothers to play on different systems at the same time. There is no advantage to it really aside from a shared library that only 1 person can access a game at a time.
I guess it would work out if you weren't playing games at the same time. It's a cool idea, however I think people were under the impression that 1 copy would work for multiple people at the same time.

Microsoft just handled the whole situation wrong, they shouldn't of surprised everyone with it's extremely restrictive DRM plans and only given people 1 choice. They should of said we are still staying with the physical copy which will allow players to play without internet, but digital copies will require 24 hour checkins and all that shit they said. At least that way, people could adjust and use it if they wanted. Digital Copies are fine with me, I have no problems with that system however they shouldn't of forced it and got so defensive when people were saying it sucked. It was a PR trainwreck with the way the big bosses handled it and their interviews made them come off like total douches that had no idea what the public wanted.

Cage
06-21-2013, 09:30 PM
The family share only allowed you to play the game on one system at one given time.

So you would still need to buy 2 copies to allow lets say 2 brothers to play on different systems at the same time. There is no advantage to it really aside from a shared library that only 1 person can access a game at a time.
I guess it would work out if you weren't playing games at the same time. It's a cool idea, however I think people were under the impression that 1 copy would work for multiple people at the same time.

Microsoft just handled the whole situation wrong, they shouldn't of surprised everyone with it's extremely restrictive DRM plans and only given people 1 choice. They should of said we are still staying with the physical copy which will allow players to play without internet, but digital copies will require 24 hour checkins and all that shit they said. At least that way, people could adjust and use it if they wanted. Digital Copies are fine with me, I have no problems with that system however they shouldn't of forced it and got so defensive when people were saying it sucked. It was a PR trainwreck with the way the big bosses handled it and their interviews made them come off like total douches that had no idea what the public wanted.

^^^^very true

Whats funny is, Sony literally had to do nothing this go around. They sat back and watched Microsoft destroy themselves.

Then, Sony came back and used the bad publicity to their advantage. Sony never did anything extraordinary. Nothing they offered is anything new, but simply by getting on stage and saying you can play offline, share games, no regional restrictions, NO BULLSHIT!!! They owned the night. If anything, nothing has changed much with Sony except that it looks like we will now have to pay a subscription for multiplayer capability.

Amazon did a polling asking customers which console they would be pre-ordering, and the polls were 94.7% in the PS4's favor lmao. . . they took down the poll after the first week because M$ got their ass whooped so bad in the consumer polls.

Now, they are trying to save face by back peddling on their restrictions, but it just seems like its too little too late.

Even with the restrictions thrown out the window. . PS4 offers some damn good exclusives themselves, tons of indi-developer support, and at a 100.00 price difference.

Alot of people say "yea, well you get the kinect with the extra 100.00" but honestly. . who really gives a shit about motion controls unless your a 9 year old kid???? I have the move for my PS3, and I cant remember the last time I used it. That extra 100.00 will pay for another PS4 controller and still leave you enough money to throw a good chunk down on at least one launch title.

I always favored the PS3 over the 360 tbh. And like I said, I was actually looking forward to getting an XBOX this time around, but I dont see why I would. 100.00 cheaper for an apparently faster better console without worrying about Microsoft flip-flopping on their policies. . SONY IT IS!

Stealth
06-21-2013, 09:50 PM
Yea after reading some more spec breakdowns seems ps4 is much more advance with its gpu. I'm sure it won't be a huge difference but the edge definitely goes to Sony this time.

civcmatt
06-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Yea after reading some more spec breakdowns seems ps4 is much more advance with its gpu. I'm sure it won't be a huge difference but the edge definitely goes to Sony this time.

did you find anything more on the GPU? on why its better? i tried looking for some stuff but never found a breakdown of why the GPU was better than Xbox?

also is the processor for PS4 better as well? both are an AMD 8-core system so im curious to see which one is indeed "better"

veloceracing
06-22-2013, 11:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jPQ8wLJ.png

Stealth
06-23-2013, 02:23 PM
Wonder how much of a difference the system bandwidth is going to make

Siegler
06-23-2013, 07:09 PM
Really what difference will this make? It won't matter how much more powerful the PS4 is over the xbox1, because the difference will be negligible to see. In the end, it comes down to what games are available for each system.

Stealth
06-23-2013, 07:14 PM
Really what difference will this make? It won't matter how much more powerful the PS4 is over the xbox1, because the difference will be negligible to see. In the end, it comes down to what games are available for each system.

civcmatt
06-24-2013, 10:59 AM
hmmm interesting to see the differences between them. looks like AMD scored BIG time on either build haha

but ya what does the bandwidth even do for the system?

Cage
06-24-2013, 03:44 PM
bandwidth allows for a higher bus speed. peripherals can send data faster to the CPU/GPU

I think the real question is. . why pay an extra 100.00 for the Xbox? What good reason is there?

XGRaViSmOrSX
06-24-2013, 08:17 PM

first party titles is where you will see the difference. same as this gen, and that is also where you will see what each system has in terms of games.

now that both are back to using x86 the biggest gaps will come from things like locked 1080p/60 vs 1080p/30. AA and other post processing could also be better on ps4. we won't know until we actually see them both running on actual retail units.

Siegler
06-24-2013, 08:25 PM
bandwidth allows for a higher bus speed. peripherals can send data faster to the CPU/GPU

I think the real question is. . why pay an extra 100.00 for the Xbox? What good reason is there?

1. If you intend on using Kinect, then it's not $100 difference.

2. Game exclusivity

3. If you owned the 360, and all your friends had it..it's much easier to carry over on to the xbox1

XGRaViSmOrSX
06-24-2013, 08:48 PM

2. Game exclusivity

3. If you owned the 360, and all your friends had it..it's much easier to carry over on to the xbox1

1. LOL

2. most xbone "exclusives" are PC also, or thinly veiled timed exclusives. (obvious first party stuff excluded)

3. unless you care about achievements there is really no difference anymore, aside from XBL locking stuff behind the paywall.

I can't see myself dropping $500 bucks on xbone, remove the kinect requirement and drop the price to $400 and they have me interested. I'm just waiting on xbone to see how many of their exclusives come to PC, not to mention their total 180 on the DRM sets a bad precedent for them to do the same shit again when it sells some units. At this point I would rather drop that $500 bucks on a better video card.

Cage
06-24-2013, 10:31 PM

the PS4 eye is 60.00. So its still 40.00 cheaper if you go with the PS4. 500.00 will get you the PS4, eye, and your first years subscription.

but above all that, i dont know anyone who REALLY cares too much about motion control.

2. Game exclusivity

meh, seems most their top titles will be available on PC as well. but if its a preference thing, or people still have a hard on for Halo . . than i guess so

is anyone going to care about achievements you gained from a last gen console????

I dunno man, still not seeing it.

Stealth
06-25-2013, 07:54 AM
I could careless about achievements honestly, never really understood the point of them.

I'm curious on how the 360 will handle live tv. What happens when the channels get out of sync? Xbox is going to think it's on channel 5 when it's really channel 20 or something/ Does it tune into a channel to start off or is that initial channel going to be wrong intill you do some sort of sync test to it or have it change the channel to say fox or something.

Depending on how it handles it and if it can use WMC, it might be worth getting a 360. Do any of the systems play MKV's?

There are stil a bunch of questions, however I did reserve a ps4 but I did it before microsoft changed it's stance. I figuire worst case scenerio I could probably flip a day 1 ps4 to someone who wants it real bad.

EXCellR8
06-25-2013, 08:46 AM
360, wut? this ain't 2006.

achievements sort of ruin certain games if you ask me, and it's not like they unlock anything useful. also there are some that require multiple play through or conditions that make the game not fun to play at all. I always thought that was stupid... people playing games and trying to get achievements rather than just playing to have fun. RUINED left 4 dead and other cooperative games in particular, but there are plenty of other examples that show achievements or trophies are fucking dumb.

i do have 100% completion on a few PS3 titles, but honestly i wouldn't give two soggy shits if the data didn't carry over.

civcmatt
06-25-2013, 09:12 AM

2. Game exclusivity

honestly all 3 of those is why im getting one. i dont mind the extra for Kinect, i bought my Kinect for like $130 and we enjoy it.
i LOVE Forza not avail on PC either, as well i dont game on my PC anymore really.
everyone i know plays xbox, and they plan on getting xbone as well, and they are the main people i play online with when i travel.

I could careless about achievements honestly, never really understood the point of them.

I'm curious on how the 360 will handle live tv. What happens when the channels get out of sync? Xbox is going to think it's on channel 5 when it's really channel 20 or something/ Does it tune into a channel to start off or is that initial channel going to be wrong intill you do some sort of sync test to it or have it change the channel to say fox or something.

Depending on how it handles it and if it can use WMC, it might be worth getting a 360. Do any of the systems play MKV's?

There are stil a bunch of questions, however I did reserve a ps4 but I did it before microsoft changed it's stance. I figuire worst case scenerio I could probably flip a day 1 ps4 to someone who wants it real bad.

i hope it handles MKV's. i have to use my GoogleTV for MKVs which is fine, but the surround is all jacked on GoogleTV.

Reaper
06-25-2013, 02:50 PM
x bone.. sounds so funny

Double R
06-25-2013, 06:47 PM
Anyone buying an Xbone will be banned from this forum.

Stealth
06-25-2013, 08:19 PM

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/Jack-Nicholson-lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1658.gif

civcmatt
06-26-2013, 11:09 AM

LOL

Double R
06-26-2013, 11:25 AM
:deal:

veloceracing
06-26-2013, 07:11 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1h2qxn/xbox_one_vs_ps4_memory_subsystems_compared/caqdheg

Explains the difference between the Xbone and the PS4 from a memory stand point. The PS4 will have more memory available to the developers due to the differences in OS. Both systems will offer a unified memory pool and the PS4 will be most likely better at gaming than the xbone.

Siegler
06-26-2013, 10:01 PM
Most games are cross platform, and these games will look similar between both systems. So this can't be a legitamite reason to pick one console over the other.

The exclusive games might show a difference, but still, you'll pick the ps4 over the xbox1 because the exclusives on the ps4 are better and NOT because the exclusives on the ps4 look better.

I think comparing the hardware PEAK performance is complete bologna. It comes down to game exclusivity and multiplier support. All of this penis measuring contest is just a distraction to what really makes one system better than the other.

XGRaViSmOrSX
06-26-2013, 10:23 PM
Most games are cross platform, and these games will look similar between both systems. So this can't be a legitamite reason to pick one console over the other.

The exclusive games might show a difference, but still, you'll pick the ps4 over the xbox1 because the exclusives on the ps4 are better and NOT because the exclusives on the ps4 look better.

AS per the PS4, im still not impressed with what they have to offer for launch but what i have seen aside from the mediocre show
I think comparing the hardware PEAK performance is complete bologna. It comes down to game exclusivity and multiplier support. All of this penis measuring contest is just a distraction to what really makes one system better than the other.

Poor broken nintendo fan :lol:

game exclusivity is almost non existent thanks to $50 mil+ AAAA titles out the ass. They need sales on as many platforms as possible. You think EA still releases FIFA and the likes on PS2 for shits and giggles? its all about bottom dollar. only fan boys care about numbers/exclusives. you buy everything and play it all if you really give a shit.

with that said, microsoft's first party output has been pretty paltry compared to that of sony in the previous gen. Microsoft seemed perfectly fine with iterations of halo, gears, forza crackdown, halo, gears, new ip, halo, forza for the entire 360 life cycle. Now that is obvious a gross over exaggeration but you get the point. Not much has been shown outside the respawn game titan fall (new brodeo OMG shootarzzz) that really makes me desiring an xbone.

conversely with the ps4, i think sony has a good amount of momentum rolling into next gen. Good amount of first party studios have been said to be working on or have shown projects they are working on already. polyphony (GT6/7) , santa monica studios (god of war, the order 1886), bend (socom), sucker punch (infamous), media molecule (tearaway), evolution studios (driveclub), naughty dog (TLOU), Guerilla games (killzone)...etc. Granted not all will have amazing games but from what they developed on PS3 throughout its life cycle we got a good share of new IP's from them and that compiled with the huge indie dev support the outlook for gaming is more appealing right now on PS4.

Time will tell but the whole sony 06 our shit dont stink vibe im getting from microsoft regarding the xbone is a tad worrying. hopefully they turn it around as fast as sony did with the ps3 and actually make a decent come back after an absolutely abysmal start.

anyone who where the fuck nintendo has been through all this? my WiiU is getting tired of having only lego island sitting in it. that new sonic game looks pretty rad, if only it wasn't 2 years away :lol: fucking nintendo.

Siegler
06-26-2013, 11:07 PM
Poor broken nintendo fan :lol:

game exclusivity is almost non existent thanks to $50 mil+ AAAA titles out the ass. They need sales on as many platforms as possible. You think EA still releases FIFA and the likes on PS2 for shits and giggles? its all about bottom dollar. only fan boys care about numbers/exclusives. you buy everything and play it all if you really give a shit.

with that said, microsoft's first party output has been pretty paltry compared to that of sony in the previous gen. Microsoft seemed perfectly fine with iterations of halo, gears, forza crackdown, halo, gears, new ip, halo, forza for the entire 360 life cycle. Now that is obvious a gross over exaggeration but you get the point. Not much has been shown outside the respawn game titan fall (new brodeo OMG shootarzzz) that really makes me desiring an xbone.

conversely with the ps4, i think sony has a good amount of momentum rolling into next gen. Good amount of first party studios have been said to be working on or have shown projects they are working on already. polyphony (GT6/7) , santa monica studios (god of war, the order 1886), bend (socom), sucker punch (infamous), media molecule (tearaway), evolution studios (driveclub), naughty dog (TLOU), Guerilla games (killzone)...etc. Granted not all will have amazing games but from what they developed on PS3 throughout its life cycle we got a good share of new IP's from them and that compiled with the huge indie dev support the outlook for gaming is more appealing right now on PS4.

Time will tell but the whole sony 06 our shit dont stink vibe im getting from microsoft regarding the xbone is a tad worrying. hopefully they turn it around as fast as sony did with the ps3 and actually make a decent come back after an absolutely abysmal start.

anyone who where the fuck nintendo has been through all this? my WiiU is getting tired of having only lego island sitting in it. that new sonic game looks pretty rad, if only it wasn't 2 years away :lol: fucking nintendo.

I suppose I'm indifferent now about all consoles. The Wii had some cool stuff, and for its time it had some pretty original, successful ideas. I always defend it's effective and winning strategy for the last generation. But the WiiU doesn't offer anything that's original and interesting. If Nintendo continues on this trend, I don't see them thriving in this industry as they did during the Wii. But who knows, I'm sure they got tons of $$$$. They could do something risky.

Cage
06-28-2013, 09:25 AM

If exclusives is what rocks your boat, than tbh, Sony is offering 20 exclusives in its first year, 10 of them being new IPs.

I have to say

When you compare the Xbone, and the PS4 side by side. . take everything into consideration.. games, console/hardware, price etc. .

I dont think anyone can logically have the Xbone coming out on top.

veloceracing
06-28-2013, 01:55 PM
If exclusives is what rocks your boat, than tbh, Sony is offering 20 exclusives in its first year, 10 of them being new IPs.

I have to say

When you compare the Xbone, and the PS4 side by side. . take everything into consideration.. games, console/hardware, price etc. .

I dont think anyone can logically have the Xbone coming out on top.

Don't forget that systems with higher install bases are more likely to pull better exclusives. Based on preorders alone I'd wager that Sony has a good start for the first few years of the system.

Cage
06-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Don't forget that systems with higher install bases are more likely to pull better exclusives. Based on preorders alone I'd wager that Sony has a good start for the first few years of the system.

I guess if people are all into the TV integrated crap M$ is trying to do, then it may be a reason to consider Xbone. But if your just a gamer and thats whats important to you, than I just dont see why anyone would go with M$ this time around. At least, not at the moment

Double R
06-29-2013, 09:00 AM
LOL

Microsoft just came out with DX 11.2 exclusively for Win 8. Now devs will have to create two different versions of XB1 -> PC ports. One for DX11 and DX11.2.

This is DX 10 all over again.

brb, all new Windows games will require Win 8...well...until someone patches the game to work just like with XP/DX9.

veloceracing
07-01-2013, 12:23 PM
The train is off the rails now.

Major Nelson tells reddit he doesn't know why people thought halo 3 and ac2 were free to members in July when the official twitter feed of Xbox confirmed they would be out for July. WOOOOPS.

Then, icing on the cake: Don Mattrick quits.

Double R
07-01-2013, 01:54 PM
You know life is getting shitty at MS Studios when you jump ship for Zynga