PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: NY Brahs

Tony_YYZ
02-21-2012, 09:26 PM
New Yorkers,

I'm looking to possibly come down to the city possibly in April for like a 3 day visit with the woman. Just looking for some ideas from you guys on what we can do when we get there for the duration of our stay. We'd most likely stay in Manhattan or the immediate surrounding area.

Looking for things to do like shows, sights, restaurants, etc. Any input you can provide would be great.

Cheers,

-Tony

Stealth
02-21-2012, 09:29 PM
53rd and 6th Halal Cart.

You can thank me later.

Fkntkn
02-21-2012, 09:30 PM
CnR ^^^

Tony_YYZ
02-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I've had CnR a bunch of times already from previous visits. My trips consisted of that and getting piss drunk every night.

But thx.

Double R
02-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Someone alert DHS

Das Kapitalist
02-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I've had CnR a bunch of times already from previous visits. My trips consisted of that and getting piss drunk every night.

But thx.

Well do it again.

Tony_YYZ
02-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Well do it again.

I plan on it.

sfd
02-21-2012, 10:40 PM
So NYC meet in April?

eNder
02-21-2012, 11:26 PM
nyc meet in april. Mission: to obtain brown noodz of said woman.

if you can swing the tickets try and see lion king with the woman.

Punisher11
02-22-2012, 12:11 AM

But thx.

i have a quality location, a little more expensive, but the food wont make you kill yourself from the grease

veloceracing
02-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Go to apple store. Watch people buy iPhones. Report back to RIM.

overide
02-22-2012, 08:12 AM
i have a quality location, a little more expensive, but the food wont make you kill yourself from the grease

I wasn't too impressed with cnr when I had it. The line was huge, so everybody was all into it, but I was just meh.

I have heard really good things about The Book of Mormon musical. I saw the spiderman one last summer, it was ok...

Tony_YYZ
02-22-2012, 11:43 PM
I wasn't too impressed with cnr when I had it. The line was huge, so everybody was all into it, but I was just meh.

I have heard really good things about The Book of Mormon musical. I saw the spiderman one last summer, it was ok...

I also heard good things about it. Definitely something to look into. What about the late night talk shows? Anyone familiar with getting tickets to those?

thinkmad
02-23-2012, 01:41 AM
late night talk shows film during the day. Letterman; you can take your chances by waiting online same day (they allow about 20-30 to get in after answering stupid letterman related questions) or you can call for a reservation. Dont have their number on hand, but it's public info. Just call 2-3 weeks in advance, coz the show does fill up fast. Letterman films every weekday, around noon. Except for thursday where they do double for friday night's show. Live with Kelly is also the same deal, public info... call ahead. But they film live, so you'll have to trek it at 7am for 9am filming.

You can hit up NBC at the Rockefeller Plaza and try to get on camera for the morning show. Likewise for the ABC at Times Square. NBC fills up around 5-6am as their broadcast is 6-10am, ABC has more slack and you can still try to catch them up until 11am.

SNL films saturday night (obviously), and tickets are hard to get... but like all other shows they do take walk-ins, but you gotta be there considerably early. SNL films by the Rockefeller Plaza so inquire about the tickets if you stop by NBC's morning show during the day.

For broadway shows, if you didn't book ahead, try to look for last minute matinee. Check box office or those ticket stands in Times Square.

Letterman
http://www.cbs.com/late_night/late_show/tickets/

Live with Kelly
http://www.dadt.com/live/get-tickets.html

Daily Show with Jon Stewart (Haven't been to this one yet, so I'm not sure of the process)
http://www.thedailyshow.com/tickets

Stealth
02-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Quick Tip.

there is a CNR right across the street from the at&t store and it's the same guys. Everyone goes to the stand for whatever reason, it's the same exact food

Das Kapitalist
02-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Also you're severely limiting yourself if you just hang around midtown.