PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to The Armory

Jake
02-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Welcome to The Armory – a online storehouse for your weapons arsenal and equipment. This forum is used to discuss weapons, tactics, survival, and all things military. You can find a list of rules by visiting the armory rules (http://www.ychromozone.com/showthread.php/43-Read-me-or-be-shot-in-the-face).

This thread is for you to introduce yourself to our ycz weapons community. If you were in the military lets hear about it. If you weren’t, share with us how long you’ve been interested in weapons, how long have you been shooting for, and if you have a background in the weapons industry.

The Admin Team here at YCZ covers all branches of the U.S Military. 1 of us has served in each of the 4 branches. If you have any questions about a particular branch or the military in general then start a thread and we'll do our best to answer your question or point you in the right direction.

A little about me:

I spent 4 years on Active duty in the U.S Navy and spent most of my time in Okinawa, Japan. While stationed on Okinawa I went on a few deployments and got to visit mainland Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong, and Korea. It was an awesome experience and I greatly benefited from it. I joined the reserves shortly after and did a deployment to Kuwait. Hot, sandy, and nowhere near as much fun as my time in Japan. I landed a contracting gig before I left Kuwait though so it wasn't all bad. I went up to Iraq a few months after I left Kuwait and I spent 15 months there. I headed over to Afghanistan after some time off and I’ve been out here since Sept 2010.

The yChromoZone Armory welcomes you. Now tell us a little about yourself.

Double R
02-23-2012, 12:33 AM
holy shit I didn't realize we were army, af, navy, and marines.

c_morse
02-23-2012, 12:42 AM
Celebrate 8 full years in the Air Force on March 9th. Three more on this enlistment.

Too bad we don't have an Admin from the Coast Guard... but who counts them anyway? :gusta:

Punisher11
02-23-2012, 07:43 AM
holy shit I didn't realize we were army, af, navy, and marines.

:cmon:, seriously though? :lol: @ 4 branches

Me, I started shooting when I was 6. My father and uncle started me off with an air rifle. things pretty much took off from there. I have a soft spot for shotguns, i can build ARs (currently learning to build AKs, but they require rivets so they arent as quick) and i have lots of hand gun experience. Im also a USPSA shooter, waiting on my classification.

eNder
02-23-2012, 06:27 PM
shooting since i was able to afford my own handgun in 2008. Before that i was shooting bb guns at aluminum cans in my back yard. Still play paintball on a semi-competitive level with a group of guys that have been ballin since the beginning of time it seems, don't think im out in the woods speedball is more of my game. Giving a crack at USPSA shooting with the big boy above me.