PDA

View Full Version : New Tattoo: Comments, suggestions?

zedron
02-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Don't bother saying its gonna look like shit when I am 101.

3D Bio-Mechanical
This is going to be going on my right rib cage. This is just a draft obviously but he wanted me to take a look at it and decide on any changes etc. The torn skin at the bottom will be going all the way around too. I liek it but i think it is either missing something or there is something there that doesn't fit. If you Google other "3d bio mechanical" tattoos, this is nothing like you will find. I wanted something totally unique and I wanted to go for longevity, so fine details are not that prevalent.

EXCellR8
02-23-2012, 04:51 PM
not really a fan of the whole "torn skin" look cuz it usually jus looks like shit...

i like the idea but it's kinda cluttered in this draft. also what colors are you thinking cuz if it's all sort of gray and rusty it might look too washed out. some colored cogs might be cool though

zedron
02-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Forgot to mention it will be all Black & Grey.
As far as the torn skin, I also had an idea of a removed panel instead.

EXCellR8
02-23-2012, 04:57 PM
yea i think hard edges and then maybe a few rivets on the outer edge would be WAYYYY better than that goofy torn skin look.

depending on the final design black and grey would probably be fine, but i'd add very subtle spots of color, cud do like a panel or something w lights idk

it's a cool idea tho cuz then u could do a smaller one somewhere else with the appearance of them being "linked"

zedron
02-23-2012, 05:01 PM
yea i think hard edges and then maybe a few rivets on the outer edge would be WAYYYY better than that goofy torn skin look.

depending on the final design black and grey would probably be fine, but i'd add very subtle spots of color, cud do like a panel or something w lights idk

it's a cool idea tho cuz then u could do a smaller one somewhere else with the appearance of them being "linked"

Already thought of this, lol.

There will be some color in it but only to highlight shades and shit, Im no artist so I really have no idea.

I was thinking hard edges like this one but made to look as if a panel was removed like we mentioned before. This tattoo is cool as shit but its too detailed. Wont last more than 10 years.

EXCellR8
02-23-2012, 05:13 PM
damn that shit's pretty serious... but perhaps a bit too detailed yes, artist did a great job tho

a simpler one without the appearance of so many parts could look just as good though, and would look nicer as you age.

Double R
02-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Some I like, some I dont. Your design lools feasable. I hate the torn flesh tattoos that look all futuristic and gay.

I think a steampunk style interior would be sweet

civcmatt
02-23-2012, 05:34 PM
thats a pretty dope idea.

i like the edges of that one on the arm...i think thats a sick look. cleaner too IMO.

but i agree make sure to get some of the color details plotted in there to make it pop.

Fkntkn
02-23-2012, 06:51 PM
that seems like a lot of time, money, and effort.

zedron
02-23-2012, 07:26 PM
that seems like a lot of time, money, and effort.

I have got them to spare.

EXCellR8
02-23-2012, 07:43 PM
another idea would be to have something like this on one side of you, and then just the panel on the other (like one open and one closed etc.) that would prob look pretty ill

it's definitely a nice change from all the symbolism people are pushing with ink these days, and just having a dope original design that's really unique

thinkmad
02-23-2012, 09:39 PM
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/403173_10150618626876702_747506701_8914065_3810823 7_n.jpg

thinkmad
02-23-2012, 09:42 PM
it's a bit chaotic still, imo. you said right rib cage, so why not a mechanical version of your liver, spleen, appendix, kidney... instead of those rotary gears. something that might atleast make sense, not just a mess of parts thrown together.

zedron
02-23-2012, 10:14 PM
it's a bit chaotic still, imo. you said right rib cage, so why not a mechanical version of your liver, spleen, appendix, kidney... instead of those rotary gears. something that might atleast make sense, not just a mess of parts thrown together.

I wanted to go with a bionic thing like the terminator. The canisters are modeled off an old fashioned mechanical lung and kidney though.

thinkmad
02-23-2012, 10:19 PM
I wanted to go with a bionic thing like the terminator. The canisters are modeled off an old fashioned mechanical lung and kidney though.

yeah, i kinda see the lung and kidney... but that the hell is that belt track? and i thought that lung was the spine, since it's leaning to the center, unless that's supposed to be the outside.

zedron
02-23-2012, 10:24 PM
yeah, i kinda see the lung and kidney... but that the hell is that belt track? and i thought that lung was the spine, since it's leaning to the center, unless that's supposed to be the outside.
The belt was originally a chain but to reduce detail we went with a belt. The belt/chain idea was to get moving parts in there like a machine does.

I appreciate the input.

thinkmad
02-23-2012, 10:27 PM
The belt was originally a chain but to reduce detail we went with a belt. The belt/chain idea was to get moving parts in there like a machine does.

I appreciate the input.

ah... lol, i dont mean to be picky and shit, i'm just trying to understand the tattoo.

zedron
02-23-2012, 10:29 PM
ah... lol, i dont mean to be picky and shit, i'm just trying to understand the tattoo.
No problem. What is the one you posted above?

thinkmad
02-23-2012, 10:34 PM
No problem. What is the one you posted above?

an eye, in the shoulder blades? i don't know, i saw it and i liked it. looks realistic.

zedron
02-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Yeah. I thought it was you or someone you knew, lol. Looks bad ass.

Fear
02-24-2012, 01:43 AM
How much of your side is it going to cover? I like most of it but the hoses coming off the bottom container look odd to me, everything flows at a nice angel but those two. Do you have any other tattoos? Btw I love drawing shit up if you guys ever wanna send some ideas I would love trying to come up with something.

zedron
02-24-2012, 01:56 AM
Only on top of nip but still owie. Gonna get a phoenix on other side.

Fear
02-24-2012, 02:04 AM

zedron
02-24-2012, 02:05 AM
Nice man. I have to keep my ink concealed from middle of arm up otherwise I would have shit like that. lol

Fred
02-24-2012, 03:46 AM
I'm the same, middle of the arm and up and chest.

About yours:
All black and grey, no color.
Also, your design is really not THAT detailed. A good artist will give you nice clean lines and it will look much different then your draft.
I like the idea of torn skin so it looks like your looking inside you, but a panel is cool too.

zedron
02-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Spoke to artist and he is gonna implement some changes. Wont be able to get it started till after the weekend though. :-(

Double R
02-24-2012, 03:43 PM
So many topless men :gay:

zedron
03-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Moved to own thread.
1st session completed on Friday. 4hrs into it so far.

Double R
03-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Looks good compadre.