PDA

View Full Version : $805 for cologne + atomizer...ohhhh yeahhhh!

Strider
02-23-2012, 05:43 PM
So I got a sample of some very rare Creed cologne in the mail today called Windsor. Can read about it here if ya want - http://www.creedboutique.com/creed-perfume-for-men/100-windsor-creed-perfume.html

A little background about myself: I'm a cologne freak. I love colognes and obsessed with good smells... even thought about trying to develop a cologne based on the leaves of a local tree that grows around creeks in my area.

Anyway, Windsor it's possibly the sexiest, most refined cologne I've ever smelt in my life. Without question. The only problem with it is it's price. The 8.4 oz flacon goes for $640 and the black leather atmozier that I would purchase for spraying it is $165. It wouldn't be daily wear, only special occasions. So I'm thinking the price may be worth paying for an extremely exclusive cologne that, in my opinion, cannot be matched by any other.......If a cologne is well taken care of (kept at room temperature or below, never exposed to heat or sunlight or air)..then it will virtually last forever...so depending on how liberal I am with it, I'd say going way beyond 15+ years on 8.4 oz is very doable.

But as usual, I'm interested in hearing what you crazy fucks think. IB You're a dumbass/I don't wear cologne I smell like God naturally/You're a fag. :lol:

http://www.creedboutique.com/100-270-large/windsor-creed-perfume.jpghttp://www.creedboutique.com/106-217-large/black-creed-leather-atomizer.jpg

civcmatt
02-23-2012, 06:01 PM
$800 bones......thats a bit steap for some spray. i could maybe see a few hundred...but almost a grand? im not sure thats ever worth it......yikes

EXCellR8
02-23-2012, 06:16 PM
...I'm interested in hearing what you crazy fucks think.

says the guy who spent $805 on a 8.4oz bottle of man perfume :lol:

idk i can stand behind smelling good but there is no way in hell i will ever spend even half that on something that would prob make me sick after 10 mins

body wash + shampoo/cond. + old spice ($25) done.

civcmatt
02-23-2012, 06:25 PM
says the guy who spent $805 on a 8.4oz bottle of man perfume :lol:

idk i can stand behind smelling good but there is no way in hell i will ever spend even half that on something that would prob make me sick after 10 mins

body wash + shampoo/cond. + old spice ($25) done.

people have their own things and such. there are certain things i will spend more money on that are totally unnessicary...so i can understand that. im not a cologne guy either. i could really see spending half of that, if thats the kinda thing your into......its just the 800 mark im not so sure about lol.

Fkntkn
02-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Cannot justify spending $805.00 on smelling good.

But if it's your hobby man, go with it.

nhlfan
02-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Women will blow like two hundred bucks on one haircut. If this keeps you smelling good for a decade, thats not too bad.

themaskedriger
02-23-2012, 07:02 PM
I would love to know what it smells like, but could never justify spending more than $100 on cologne. I get compliments on my cologne all the time on that only runs me 75 bucks.

Punisher11
02-23-2012, 07:26 PM
im curious now on what it smells like

zedron
02-23-2012, 07:29 PM
im curious now on what it smells like
This.

Put a dash on an envelope and mail it to me. 800 bones seems a little high for me for cologne.

thinkmad
02-23-2012, 07:52 PM
cologne may smell good from the bottle... but once it touches your skin it'll re-act like any other chemical (unless you plan to shower with it.) it's science; your body releases chemicals + cologne's ingredients = reaction. that's why some cologne smells better on other people.

that being said, if that $800 cologne smells great on you, and you can justify purchasing it... then by all means, get it. it seems you've already made up your mind. but if you've never tried it and merely working out of a sample strip, i'd suggest trying getting a sample spray. they probably do, and should have samples. it'd be a waste for it to smell nice, and find out it fucking turns to skunk piss once it mixes with your body.

I've used 3 colognes for a while now, and I just rotate.

http://lizclaibornecurvecollection.com/images/liz-claiborne/big-thumbnails/liz-claiborne-curve-cologne-for-men.jpg
for formal events

http://www.punmiris.com/images/secundar/o.16327.jpg
http://aussieperfumes.com.au/img/productImages/men/polosport-ralphlauren-edt.jpg
for everyday use

Punisher11
02-23-2012, 09:05 PM
hmm... i spray cologne on my shirt, not my skin

zedron
02-23-2012, 09:16 PM
hmm... i spray cologne on my shirt, not my skin
Same.

thinkmad
02-23-2012, 09:35 PM
and your shirt doesn't touch your skin?

Fkntkn
02-23-2012, 09:38 PM
I have always sprayed it on my neck before I get dressed. Then I spray my shirt once I am dressed (just one spray).

But I have not worn cologne in about 3 years. I wore Polo Sport throughout high school, then kenneth cole reaction in my early twenty's, then Curve in my mid twenty's. I switched to fragrance body washes after that and have not looked back.

nuklear
02-23-2012, 09:38 PM
usually spray it on my wrists and rub them on my neck.

Most i've ever paid is like.. 235 I think.

my "expensive" thing is sunglasses, prada, versaci, gucci, i dont care. Ill walk around in 20 jeans but my shades gotta be slick :lol:

Fkntkn
02-23-2012, 09:41 PM
usually spray it on my wrists and rub them on my neck.

:yuno: why you no apply cologne like man instead of like woman with perfume?

c_murder
02-23-2012, 09:43 PM
French

nuklear
02-23-2012, 10:16 PM
:yuno: why you no apply cologne like man instead of like woman with perfume?

cause I like to smell myself.. :lol:

plus im a sweaty motherfucker, so every bit of space i can get smelling nice is a bonus

Cage
02-23-2012, 10:21 PM
http://www.frattoys.com/media/catalog/product/cache/6/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/e/sex-panther.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLq2-uZd5LY

Punisher11
02-24-2012, 07:00 AM
and your shirt doesn't touch your skin?

wife beater/t shirt/ under armor/body armor :shrug:

Jake
02-24-2012, 08:40 AM
I personally could not justify the expense because cologne isn't really my thing. I couldn't tell you if it's worth buying for yourself or not because it's a personal purchase and it's a consumable. If it makes you feel that much better when you spray this stuff on and you don't see yourself needing the money for anything else then I don't see anything wrong in making the purchase. It's like buying a bottle of really expensive whiskey. When you open the bottle you know you'll never get your money back out of it. You just enjoy it.

Double R
02-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Wait, people spray cologne on their shirts?

POR QUE?! :whatthe:

That's like putting a condom on your ballsack.

crazyray
02-24-2012, 10:11 AM
i still pretty much drink and party like a degenerate, so after a few hours i wreak of (insert booze here), so it doesn't pay for me to splurge on men's fragrances

but whatever makes you happy homie, you know i'm with it

Punisher11
02-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Wait, people spray cologne on their shirts?

POR QUE?! :whatthe:

That's like putting a condom on your ballsack.

:lol: so you pull a puerto rican shower?

Double R
02-24-2012, 12:38 PM
something something something Felix

Strider
02-25-2012, 12:16 PM
I haven't bought the stuff yet. I bought 1.5 ml sample of it for $30 at www.theperfumedcourt.com That's where I buy all my cologne samples before I decide to purchase a full bottle. I highly recommend sampling anything from the Creed line, especially Silver Mountain Water, Millesime Imperial, Green Irish Tweed, and Aventus (I own all of them except Aventus, which I will soon add to my collection). I don't know of any female that doesn't absolutely melt from smelling any of those 4 colognes. They normally sell for $280 for a 4 oz bottle at www.creedboutique.com ...although you can purchase them from Amazon for half that price, just make sure you are buying directly from Amazon and not a vendor that uses Amazon for selling goods. Amazon has a good reputation for not selling you fake/diluted/used bottles of cologne and all of their sells are backed by their A-Z Guarantee Protection Policy. I don't recommend Ebay, although I've had some success the few times I've used it, I've also read about multiple people getting bad juice...so I don't use them anymore. theperfumedcourt.com has a good reputation for selling authentic quality samples according to www.basenotes.net and I've used them multiple times and have absolutely no complaints.

Strider
02-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Oddly enough, I've gotten laid for no other reason than because I smelt like fucking God. I mix Silver Mountain Water/Millesime Imperial with Pherlure phermone cologne or Turn Up The Heat + Instant Shine from androticsdirect.com, and just go sit at a bar and say absolutely nothing. Within an hour you will be talking to some chick that couldn't help but tell you how fucking hot you smell. And if you look decent on top of that, it's almost a guarantee lay unless the bitch has some type of religious morals...religion is the ultimate cock block. Meh.

Anyway, that's not putting any effort at all in to playing the game and winning. Just look decent, don't get piss drunk, and smell like sex. Your welcome.

And the proper way to spray yourself? One spray to each area: chest, neck, behind the neck, one wrist and rub them together, elbow creases, and behind the knees. If the shit your wear is really strong, consider only doing a few areas, but the neck, back of the neck, and chest are a must. If the girl your trying to impress is a lot shorter than you, spray some on your shirt so when you're standing and close, she can smell your shit pretty well.

Stealth
02-25-2012, 03:39 PM
You should apply it to your pulse points. Some people say to do it when your out of the shower and your pores are open but I think thats more bullshit than anything else.
Only reason I wouldn't spray it on clothes, more so white ones is the fear of maybe staining the clothes.