PDA

View Full Version : I may be slightly buying more and more into the Mayan 2012 thing.

c_morse
03-02-2012, 11:57 PM
2012 is here. We basically completely missed winter. We've already been in the 70's and 80's most of February. In addition now we're already having a lot of tornado damage and huge thunderstorms.

Not saying I'm a doomsday sayer, but I am taking notice of a lot of peculiar shit already this year.

What's everyone else's thoughts?

RG2007
03-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Yes, I'm starting to believe that 2012 SOMETHING will happen, not necessarily saying we're all going to die, and it's the end of the world... but something is up. Last year was a doozy in terms of winter, and this year I was wearing shorts a majority of the time for running. Maybe Mother Earth had enough of our shit and is about to kick our ass, who knows.

c_morse
03-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Yeah I'm not thinking global catastrophe or anything, but I am starting to think that maybe they saw something coming. Maybe a major change in the climate... I don't know. Something.

themaskedriger
03-03-2012, 12:13 AM
coincidence. shit happens all the time. life will go on.

Fred
03-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Even the Mayans have said that shit ain't true.

Yeah the world is changing, but we will evolve with it.

thinkmad
03-03-2012, 02:33 AM
a major climate change doesn't happen in a year without a catalyst, not even 100years. certainly not within yours or mine, nor this generation's lifetime.

also, when you are aware of something the more you notice things. IE, you just bought an blue bmw... now everywhere you turn there seems to be a blue bmw compared to when you never had one. same goes with those bible codes... if you know what you're looking for, it's easy to make "connections" to produce the results you want. it's all about awareness.

Harry
03-03-2012, 02:51 AM
We had a joke of a winter, but around the world it was the opposite. Things have been shifting a lot lately, its just this year it was a bit more so...for us. I think it has more to do with solar activity mixed with a slowly changing climate.

Punisher11
03-03-2012, 08:09 AM
a major climate change doesn't happen in a year without a catalyst, not even 100years. certainly not within yours or mine, nor this generation's lifetime.

also, when you are aware of something the more you notice things. IE, you just bought an blue bmw... now everywhere you turn there seems to be a blue bmw compared to when you never had one. same goes with those bible codes... if you know what you're looking for, it's easy to make "connections" to produce the results you want. it's all about awareness.

uh i think its finally the culimation of all this shit we threw into the environment, and i dont mean that in a hippy tree hugging way.

Seriously, typhoons, earthquakes, flooding... its not like all that shit will happen in one day, but i think its finally starting to catch up

Jake
03-03-2012, 09:01 AM
http://www.co-intelligence.org/newsletter/images/sun-etc.jpg

Just sayin...

Bleekington
03-03-2012, 10:48 AM
we gone die dawg

Reaper
03-03-2012, 12:15 PM

Thats not entirely true.. The North and south pole have switched before, and it can happen over a 3 day period, at least that is my understanding.

Harry
03-03-2012, 01:39 PM
That sucks, you leave Miami in your little Cessna to visit family
In Vermont and your compass takes you to Argentina

P-Spec
03-03-2012, 02:23 PM
You'd deserve it for trying to fly by motherfucking compass.

Harry
03-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Yes you would deserve it lol, but actually, most pilots are flying by magnetic compass. a regular non-instrument rated pilot(90% of pilots) flying a regular small plane will fly by magnetic compass. Your heading indicator is your only legal directional nav instrument, and it's based on your magnetic compass. You literally look at the compass, wait for it to stop swishing around, read it, and tune your indicator to it. You do this every few minutes. Yeah, I was obviously just joking, but as an aside, if you're a regular old-school pilot with no gps, you literally are flying by compass.

thinkmad
03-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Thats not entirely true.. The North and south pole have switched before, and it can happen over a 3 day period, at least that is my understanding.

a dramatic shift like that would need a catalyst. something has to knock earth on its orbit for that to happen, but if you simply go with the earth's rotation and it's velocity (factoring that it's on a tilt), like a toy top or a gyroscope it'll eventually start to shift sideways.

thinkmad
03-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Yes you would deserve it lol, but actually, most pilots are flying by magnetic compass. a regular non-instrument rated pilot(90% of pilots) flying a regular small plane will fly by magnetic compass. Your heading indicator is your only legal directional nav instrument, and it's based on your magnetic compass. You literally look at the compass, wait for it to stop swishing around, read it, and tune your indicator to it. You do this every few minutes. Yeah, I was obviously just joking, but as an aside, if you're a regular old-school pilot with no gps, you literally are flying by compass.

if you're a pilot, you're basically trained to fly by compass/instruments anyway. trying to get bearing by geographical landmarks as a pilot would be fail. small planes maybe where your altitude is still within distinguishable distance to the ground.. but at higher altitudes you're basically flying blind.

EXCellR8
03-03-2012, 04:35 PM
lol... mayans

idk what you guys are talking no snow i'm still shoveling... it's definitely been warmer than usual but we've gotten thaw-outs before. same shit's been happening for millions of years i don't think the planet is gonna take a shit all in one fucking day.

Harry
03-03-2012, 05:04 PM
if you're a pilot, you're basically trained to fly by compass/instruments anyway. trying to get bearing by geographical landmarks as a pilot would be fail. small planes maybe where your altitude is still within distinguishable distance to the ground.. but at higher altitudes you're basically flying blind.

Not at all. Compass yes, instruments no. Most pilots have next to no instrument training. The typical private pilot flies by compass and landmarks. Look, if you're flying over 10000 feet you're flying a plane with pressurized air, in which case you likely have the training and experience to match the high performance airplane. You're not getting lost.

otherwise, you're likely at around 3k to 6k feet, where the majority of pilots fly. If you arent using a gps, you are flying by compass and map. I've done it hundreds of times, it's the norm. Your map is your greatest navaid. You really do follow landmarks, its' your lifeline. its a huge part of navigating as a pilot, and a huge part of your training. Rivers, lakes, high voltage power lines, train tracks. small towns. You have to learn how to look for them and how to look for their relationship to each other, where the tracks and the highway meet, where the river and the bridge are etc. In a minute you could get lost so badly you cannot imagine. You are in the air and have no fucking clue where you are, frantically searching your map and trying to mentally superimpose it on the ground. It's a nightmare.

Today though it's gotta be so different. You pull out your freaking iphone and click the maps app and it's finished LOL.

Jdmaccord
03-05-2012, 07:23 AM
were all gonna die

PiZzO
03-05-2012, 11:13 AM
nothing will happen. i will be laughing at u all in 2013.....

Das Kapitalist
03-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Mayan calendar ended last year, technically speaking. They didn't have leap years when they invented it.

PoisonTheWell
03-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Mayan calendar ended last year, technically speaking. They didn't have leap years when they invented it.

Was just going to say that. We're already in 2013 if you don't compensate for leap years, which they didn't.

Punisher11
03-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Was just going to say that. We're already in 2013 if you don't compensate for leap years, which they didn't.

so this is our new weather pattern...

Punisher11
03-05-2012, 08:56 PM
nothing will happen. i will be laughing at u all in 2013.....

duhhhhhhhh, what were saying is you gonna be bundled up or wearing shorts on new years day

Double R
03-05-2012, 09:30 PM
The tide will be stronger.

eNder
03-05-2012, 09:40 PM
a dramatic shift like that would need a catalyst. something has to knock earth on its orbit for that to happen, but if you simply go with the earth's rotation and it's velocity (factoring that it's on a tilt), like a toy top or a gyroscope it'll eventually start to shift sideways.

they said when the earthquake hit in japan the earths orbit was shifted a few centimeters. jus ssayin

Double R
03-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Earth's axis was shifted, not the orbit.

thinkmad
03-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Dirty Mouth?

PoisonTheWell
03-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Hollow Earth Theory.

eNder
03-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Earth's axis was shifted, not the orbit.

well fuck me.. the white guy is correcting the asian guy on science. you're right.

Double R
03-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Maybe 2012 is happening after all :ew:

Harry
03-06-2012, 02:04 AM
The earths axis gets moved with nuclear explosions too. I always found that interesting how its no big deal.

Reaper
03-06-2012, 08:30 AM
The Mayan thing is about as legit as saying the world will end in January of 2013 because that's when my calendar stops.

zedron
03-06-2012, 03:21 PM

Stealth
03-06-2012, 04:44 PM
lulz

Double R
03-06-2012, 06:51 PM
The question is...who's day should I ruin when they post stupid shit like 2012.

Bad Brain
03-06-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't get that leap year thing, it says "without the extra day every four years" today's date would be in 2013? That's next year, if we're taking away the extra day every 4 years, thus losing 514 days, then how would today's date be in the future?

Siegler
03-06-2012, 08:34 PM
I don't get that leap year thing, it says "without the extra day every four years" today's date would be in 2013? That's next year, if we're taking away the extra day every 4 years, thus losing 514 days, then how would today's date be in the future?

You are right by saying adding 1 extra day every 4 years will be an extra day we lose. So let's go through a leap year. Jan to Feb. 28th, we're on track; then Feb. 29 happens which originally should have been March 1st. Notice that the 'should have been' date is in the future, not in the past. Now do that 514 times and you end up being over a year behind what would be if we didn't have a leap years.

Punisher11
03-07-2012, 06:28 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/solar-storm-headed-toward-earth-may-disrupt-power-162508973.html

MyNamesNotSteve
03-10-2012, 12:09 PM

The Mayans used a completely different calender than us and it's actually believed the long count wont end til 2220.

RacerX
03-13-2012, 12:57 PM
planet niribu. That is all. :troll:

Stealth
03-13-2012, 04:17 PM
this shit is wack

Punisher11
03-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Snow in arizona

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/19/us/weather/?hpt=us_c1

The city of Flagstaff is still digging out of 10 to 14 inches of snow from the weekend, which prompted school closings in the city for Monday. The city of Prescott received 8 to 12 inches.

overide
03-19-2012, 02:06 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/solar-storm-headed-toward-earth-may-disrupt-power-162508973.html

Yeah that ended up being full of fail.

Punisher11
03-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah that ended up being full of fail.

felix lost cell service for an hour, but yea on the whole it failed

Punisher11
03-19-2012, 05:50 PM
80 on thursday.... :fthat:

thinkmad
03-19-2012, 06:29 PM
we out BBQing on thursday!

civcmatt
03-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Snow in arizona

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/19/us/weather/?hpt=us_c1

lol dude flagstaff is WAY higher than Phoenix....everyone thinks all of AZ is hot. its not. they have a ski area right outside of flagstaff
drove thorugh Flagstaff on the way to Yuma in the middle of July.....42 degrees.

world isnt ending, thats just how flagstaff is:dance:

91integrs
03-19-2012, 07:19 PM
lol dude flagstaff is WAY higher than Phoenix....everyone thinks all of AZ is hot. its not. they have a ski area right outside of flagstaff
drove thorugh Flagstaff on the way to Yuma in the middle of July.....42 degrees.

world isnt ending, thats just how flagstaff is:dance:

Phoenix got hail yesterday; world is definity coming to an end.

I did see a little bit of snow yesterday on the tops of Superstition Mountain, which is near Apache Junction (about 30 miles east of central Phoenix). Flagstaff is also about 5000 feet above sea level.

Punisher11
03-19-2012, 08:16 PM
lol new weather pattern... :fred:

Stealth
03-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Europe gets hit with cold weather, we get nice warm weather.

I welcome this climate change.

Harry
03-20-2012, 12:10 AM
I second that

civcmatt
03-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Phoenix got hail yesterday; world is definity coming to an end.

I did see a little bit of snow yesterday on the tops of Superstition Mountain, which is near Apache Junction (about 30 miles east of central Phoenix). Flagstaff is also about 5000 feet above sea level.

ya i have heard of PHX getting snow every once in awhile.