PDA

View Full Version : Myths about knife fighting

eNder
02-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Just bring a gun to a knife fight!

But in all seriousness pretty decent read on the myths of bringing a knife to a fight.

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/statisticalchances.htm

Now class after reading the article we'll have a nice civilized discussion about the article.

Jake
02-08-2012, 08:14 AM
"Strategies that have best chances
Of all the responses to the threat of a knife I have seen, four main strategies have the greatest success rate. Personally, I was adept at two of them and used them in my encounters. Going out and talking to people who had also survived knife encounters I have discovered that the people who managed to survive -- sometimes unscathed -- overwhelmingly used one of these four.

Now there may be a better strategy, but until it is proven in battle, these are the ones that have worked the best so far. They are listed in descending order of effectiveness.

1) Run like hell
2). Do an immediately effective response that prevents further attack. 3) Avoid the attack, buy distance, then deploy and use a longer range weapon
4) Go ape shit on the guy hoping that somewhere in there is an effective response"

When your enemy has superior strength, evade him. - Art of War

Death is final and you can't shoot a knife. Run from that shit if you're not prepared.

Maybe I'll just call my buddy Steven who knows a thing or two about knife fights

Punisher11
02-08-2012, 11:32 AM
the problem i hear : never bring a knife to a gun fight
the solution i say: bring a knife in addition to your gun in a gun fight