PDA

View Full Version : Your move Audi

sfd
04-16-2012, 02:17 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/16/amg-fettled-mercedes-benz-a-class-caught-testing/

Maybe this will force them to bring at least the S3 over since you now have BMW and Benz getting into the entry level/hot hatch segment. If this truly comes out with 300+hp and AWD I hope it sells because I'll be grabbing a used one when the A3 gets boring. I love the look of this thing.

Stealth
04-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Yea, I'd jump on the s3 if it came over.

EXCellR8
04-16-2012, 10:48 PM
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no.

i bet that thing starts at $40k

sfd
04-17-2012, 06:54 AM
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no.

i bet that thing starts at $40k

What do you think the 135 and S3 start at? Heck even a 4 door loaded Golf R touches on 40k.

EXCellR8
04-17-2012, 01:40 PM
oh so you're saying it's even more ridiculous? prob more like 50k+ then... which in this case fuck that noise even harder

they sure do have the styling down, but i will never own a German car, ever. between the ludicrous MSRP and the fact that you're broke if anything happens to it you might as well not even consider it unless you love paying out your ass for everything. guess my pockets aren't deep enough, oh wait no it's because i'm smart and i've realized that overpaying for a european car won't get me from A to B any better than what I have...

and $40k for a fucking Golf, or anything vdub? cannot LOL big enough... srsly

sfd
04-17-2012, 02:37 PM
My point was at 40k it's priced to compete.

I think you're missing the point about a luxury European car or any car more expensive than a base civic for that matter.

91integrs
04-17-2012, 03:36 PM
oh so you're saying it's even more ridiculous? prob more like 50k+ then... which in this case fuck that noise even harder

they sure do have the styling down, but i will never own a German car, ever. between the ludicrous MSRP and the fact that you're broke if anything happens to it you might as well not even consider it unless you love paying out your ass for everything. guess my pockets aren't deep enough, oh wait no it's because i'm smart and i've realized that overpaying for a european car won't get me from A to B any better than what I have...

and $40k for a fucking Golf, or anything vdub? cannot LOL big enough... srsly

LOL... You sound just like my Dad when we talk about German cars.

If you're buying a new car, your warenty should cover anything that breaks. You only have to worry about maintenance costs, which is higher on most German cars; however, you shouldn't have to do any major maintenance for at about 75-100K, besides stuff you can do yourself.

Anyways, I am not a huge fan of the 5 door hatch style. I prefer the 3 door hatchs; too bad they do not sell as well in the US compared to Europe. I would be all over this car, if ever came available
http://cdn3.automobilesreview.com/mtm-audi-s3-8p/mtm-audi-s3-8p-03.jpg

sfd
04-17-2012, 07:08 PM
I would say that about any luxury car really - Infiniti or Acura to lump them in. People buy expensive shit because either a) they can b) it has something your more affordable things do not. Same holds true for anything really.

Trust me, I am a conservative guy when it comes to everything in life. I manage my money with adversity to risk and plan for the unseen future. But as I got older and was introduced to nice things, you start to see why sometimes spending the money is worth it.

You're not wrong though; any car will do the same thing.

FlyingHonda
04-17-2012, 09:39 PM
That merc could have 600 hp, but no mercedes has ever caught my attention at all.

nhlfan
04-18-2012, 02:20 AM
There's zero chance I'd walk out of a showroom with one of those for US$40k. And our opinions aren't different because you're some kind of sophisticate that has appreciation for nice things, either.

sfd
04-18-2012, 11:57 AM
There's zero chance I'd walk out of a showroom with one of those for US$40k. And our opinions aren't different because you're some kind of sophisticate that has appreciation for nice things, either.

No one ever said that. Excel just made a blanket statement that a Kia Rio is just as good as a BMW 5 series which is flat out untrue unless you are looking for the basic functionality of the car; to drive somewhere. My point was that there's things about spending that money that drive people to do it. Otherwise we would all drive Daewoo cars and shop at Walmart for clothes.

My other point was I was there before too; I saw no reason to spend money on luxury stuff until I experienced it. That's not to say I am any more sophisticated than you or someone else on the site; I'm just saying I found reason for excess price tags on certain items.

sfd
04-18-2012, 11:58 AM
So much for an S3, RS Q3 obviously makes more sense! :poker2:

http://troll.me/images/futurama-fry/not-sure-if-failed-or-close-enough-thumb.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/17/audi-rs-q3-concept-ahead-of-beijing/

EXCellR8
04-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Don't get me wrong I think Euros are absolutely gorgeous, but to me there are better options even if you want some means of luxury. I have many family members who disagree heavily with me but then again none of them have kept their Bimmers and Audis longer than a few years lol. It's not usually because they can't afford them, but because they find something cheaper that is basically just as good and has all the features they actually want or use. I'll admit, my standards are pretty low, but anything that has a reliable engine, 4-doors, a CD player, and a moonroof is good enough for me. This might be because I don't really "enjoy" driving as much as the general population but for me it's about getting to where i need to be rather than enjoying the experience. I've driven a few luxurious sedans in the past and while i felt like a boss they weren't really any more fun to drive than my own car, even though they were more powerful and had better driving features.

Maybe living in New England has ruined the driving experience for me :lol:

sfd
04-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Oh, I'll be the first to admit my USED A3 could have bought me a fully loaded GTI Autobahn brand new. :lol:

P-Spec
04-19-2012, 08:02 PM
bleh....Audi > Mercedes/BMW