PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone experienced Vertigo?

ISPKI
04-25-2012, 04:32 PM
I just got whacked with this BULLSHIT yesterday morning, and it has me laid up in bed for at least the rest of today, possibly even tomorrow. I woke up yesterday and the god damn world was spiraling around me, I thought I was losing my mind or something. It took me a good hour before I could sit up, another hour before I could stand up, and another two hours before I could get myself to the bathroom. I knocked over my motherfucking brand new lamp in the process too.

Fast forward to right now, I drove myself to the clinic...barely...and got some shit that is supposed to desensitize the inner ear so that I function.

I missed a hugely important meeting, my aerospace qualifications, and possibly my first quarter meeting. FUCK THIS.

HunteR
04-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Tough break. My dad's been suffering from it for a while now. Dont think they ever really got to the bottom of it, it just either went away or he learned to deal with it.

EXCellR8
04-25-2012, 09:03 PM
how's your hearing? ...could be a middle ear infection. if there is any pain associated with it there could be swelling which can cause dizziness i believe.

ISPKI
04-25-2012, 09:36 PM
I do not have any other symptoms. I got to the clinic and the doctor checked a bunch of possible causes but he said everything looked fine. I got this medication that should eliminate it within the next day or two, but its just annoying to feel so out of it all the time.

PiZzO
04-25-2012, 11:03 PM
i have it. it depends on how I sleep. You need to make an appointment with an ENT doctor. You have fluid in your inner ear and thats whats throwing off your equilibrium. Also could be Meniere's disease. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001721/

Just my 2 cents from experience....i'm in no way a doctor.

c_murder
04-27-2012, 09:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaV5UCMsW-8

Danish
04-27-2012, 11:31 PM
I had a serious concussion last year after an accident at work. I had vertigo when I'd wake up in the morning for a good 5 minutes. Go try to get Vestibular (spelling) rehab...it did a lot to help me. They basically put you in a chair in the middle of the room, raise you into the air and do different movements with your head/neck.