PDA

View Full Version : Avengers makes almost 200 mil. Hasn't even opened in the US yet.

Double R
05-01-2012, 12:19 AM
http://gawker.com/5906119/the-avengers-has-earned-1784-million-and-it-hasnt-even-opened-in-the-us-yet

From what I've been hearing, it's a fucking awesome movie and it's the best casting of The Hulk yet.

Stealth
05-01-2012, 07:18 AM
saw it yesterday, pretty good. a lot of special effects and action. 2nd 1/2 of the movie is all fighting

zedron
05-01-2012, 08:38 AM
I would go see it Friday but its probably gonna be mob deep at the theater.

civcmatt
05-01-2012, 09:13 AM
i really wanna see it! cant freaking wait actually!

im glad to hear it was good.

but agreed Zedron.....gonna wait a few....i dont want to get Mauled at the movie theater

FlyingHonda
05-01-2012, 11:38 AM
saw it on saturday, it is really good, tons of action, a lot of comic relief, The Hulk was probably my favorite on this one, it's simply epic.

PoisonTheWell
05-01-2012, 12:01 PM
I saw it last week. It's amazing. They really did a great job with it. From the way the characters interact, to the action and the laughs, it's just an all-around solid, enjoyable movie experience. Mark Ruffalo is my favorite actor for the Hulk yet. And the green beast tends to steal the show. I was hesitant because team movies, or movies with too many characters can sometimes lose their way :::cough:::Spider-Man 3:::cough::: but they pulled it off in a spectacular fashion.

Marvel employees are the harshest critics, but they loved it. Points at which you missed a line here or there because the crowd was roaring so loud. I'm looking forward to seeing how successful it is.

EXCellR8
05-01-2012, 01:34 PM
I'll probably go see it at some point, though the only prerequisite i've watched is Iron Man... how much does the movie weigh in on the others?

Might have to at least download captain america...

Double R
05-01-2012, 02:52 PM
I'd definitely check out Thor.

civcmatt
05-01-2012, 09:09 PM
wife and i have seen em all, cept for one of the hulks... LOVE them!

Thor is up there i think, it was a good flick.

Capt America was alright, i think it was just a big intro to this movie really.

PoisonTheWell
05-02-2012, 01:34 PM
All of them were a lead-up to this movie. Basically establish the characters so that they don't have to in the Avengers. They give you information through context in Avengers, but you'll enjoy it much more if you've seen the others or if you're familiar with the characters already. The set up that brings the characters together and then non-stop action.

Stay through the credits. Should be interesting, not entirely sure where they're going with it.

Siegler
05-02-2012, 07:14 PM
So do you guys think seeing this in 3D is a gimmick? Or is this movie enhanced by 3D, much like Avatar was? I have the option to see it in IMAX in the AMC theater by me, but it's only in 3D.

overide
05-03-2012, 06:08 AM
I'm thinking about going to a midnight showing tonight...

thinkmad
05-03-2012, 06:24 AM
So do you guys think seeing this in 3D is a gimmick? Or is this movie enhanced by 3D, much like Avatar was? I have the option to see it in IMAX in the AMC theater by me, but it's only in 3D.

avatar was shot in full, in 3D. This movie utilized 3D cameras for certain sequences. So no, it's not going to be like Avatar. Nor would it come near it, it's a waste of money... go save that extra $5 and get a bigger soda.

I saw the movie, but for 130minutes, i felt it dragged on a few places. the hulk is definitely something to look forward to, it's a different character from when norton played Banner. Banner in Avengers was definitely not something you'd trace back to the two Incredible Hulk releases.

If you haven't seen each hero's story, I don't think you'll be in much trouble catching up with this one. There wasn't any back tracking or references from the past story lines that can leave you crippled. Most of it is common knowledge (capt was frozen 70years, tony stark has an artificial heart, banner turns to hulk when he's mad, thor has a brother loki). In this new movie however, they did try to do a little background on Natasha Romanoff and Hawkeye... which I felt they could've made into a whole different movie, with SHIELD as the main protagonist.

Siegler
05-04-2012, 04:45 PM
seeing it tonight

Cage
05-04-2012, 08:42 PM
i had one simple little problem with the movie

In the air ship, everyone was walking on egg shells to make sure the Hulk didnt come out. . and when he did, he seemed to want to fuck EVERYONE and EVERYTHING up. . its like he had no concept who was good or bad. .he just wanted to beat the shit out of everything

then, when he ends up on the ground . . he turns into the hulk, and seemed to have grown a conscious or something, because he knew who to attack and who not to attack . . (minus the one little scene were he takes that swipe at Thor for comic relief)

other then that. . probably the best movie we will see in a long long time

veloceracing
05-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Because he was injured in the air. On the ground he makes the comment "I'm always angry" because he can control it most of the time. Sometimes though he just goes besserk and can't control it after he's been injured.

GVB109
05-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Saw it, it was awesome. Hulk stole the show.

Well played Mr Ruffalo, well played.

Thor vs Iron Man
Thor vs The Hulk

Hiulk rag-dolling Loki, so so good.

c_murder
05-08-2012, 03:00 PM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/4053065_700b_v1.jpg

civcmatt
05-08-2012, 03:25 PM
^^ LMFAO!

overide
05-09-2012, 08:24 AM
One of the best movies I have seen in a while. Definitely best super hero movie ever made.

GVB109
05-09-2012, 06:58 PM
One of the best movies I have seen in a while. Definitely best super hero movie ever made.

Ill second that.