PDA

View Full Version : Official Diablo 3 thread

Punisher11
05-14-2012, 10:43 PM
and GO

zedron
05-14-2012, 11:20 PM
Im waiting to see what people say so I can decide whether or not to buy it.

P-Spec
05-14-2012, 11:29 PM
someone post a pirated copy in the contrib forum plz. thnx.

zedron
05-14-2012, 11:48 PM
I just bought it. FML, downloading now from Blizzard.

Paxil
05-15-2012, 01:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI0gM3PN-F4

ISPKI
05-15-2012, 03:01 AM
I played the beta not too long ago. It seems similar to diablo 2, but I dont think it will be the same beast that the previous game was. I suppose we will see. It seems to have alot less customizable builds than diablo 2. There are less abilities to choose from. However, if you were a hardcore diablo 2 player like me, then you would know that most of the abilities that were available to you never got used anyway, you basically picked one ability that got spammed always with some supporting stuff on the side (lightning sorc, FB sorc, blizz sorc, hammerdins, javazons, SS barbs, smite paladins, charge paladins, bone necros, summoner necros, poison necros, etc etc etc). I guess they looked at that and just tossed out all the extra abilities that nobody ever picked anyway. Basically they eliminated the illusion of choice that D2 had.

Double R
05-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Never heard of it.

Stealth
05-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Day Z > this

Paxil
05-15-2012, 03:56 PM
I played for about six hours with a full group of friends. We all got to level 18 and I am really enjoying the game.. when its working.

EXCellR8
05-16-2012, 12:18 AM
yea i heard there were quite a few issues with the servers and activation at first...

i'm holding off for now, but i'm sure i will play/buy at some point.

borlax
05-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Bought it yesterday, there seems to be the normal Blizzard release week issues on the servers, but i haven't ran into anything too terrible yet. Anyone jumpin on the bandwagon, my BATTLETAG is Borlax#1637

Cage
05-19-2012, 11:15 AM
im giving it a week or two for bugs to be fixed

EXCellR8
05-22-2012, 07:26 PM
awful lot of people saying this game is just shit... any truth to that or are people just hating because anyone can use the internet?

Double R
05-22-2012, 07:59 PM
The gameplay is awesome. Everything else is pure shit.

This sums it up pretty well.

Their brand new game, totally unrelated in any way to their other established games (WoW and StarCraft II), had destroyed the ability for any of their players to play any of their games. Because they all required a login to play, and that login server was directly connected to their Battle.net system. So when one game crashes the server, even if you don't play it, your other completely separate game is fucked.

At this point, I was 100 percent certain that if I decided to make a sandwich, my refrigerator would be replaced by floating text that read, "We're sorry for the inconvenience. Diablo III has encountered an error that temporarily removed all electrical appliances from your house. Please check back in a few minutes."

EXCellR8
05-22-2012, 09:23 PM
well... looks i'll be waiting for someone to together a server emulator so i can try it out.

i hate battle net and that always connected bullshit it's such a fucking restraint. it's like you pay to own the game but then it's not really yours.

borlax
05-23-2012, 09:59 AM
it's like you pay to own the game but then it's not really yours.

Welcome to the software world. Consoles are doing it now too with the addition of special keys to get online play. Buying the actual disc doesn't mean anything anymore.

All in all though I do like Diablo 3, most of the people I have heard hating on it haven't played it and refuse to buy it for the reasons they just made up. It's a dungeon crawler, you need to expect it to be a dungeon crawler, not the World of Diablocraft. On another note though, I wish the PVP aspect was added from the beginning. That is the one thing that annoys me right now.

Punisher11
05-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Welcome to the software world. Consoles are doing it now too with the addition of special keys to get online play. Buying the actual disc doesn't mean anything anymore.

All in all though I do like Diablo 3, most of the people I have heard hating on it haven't played it and refuse to buy it for the reasons they just made up. It's a dungeon crawler, you need to expect it to be a dungeon crawler, not the World of Diablocraft. On another note though, I wish the PVP aspect was added from the beginning. That is the one thing that annoys me right now.

cant, they need to balance classes first. i play with a monk that doesnt die... seriously. he has HP regen and mana regen out the butt. i do 2.5k dmg and 6k hp and i get one shotted so easy.

they also broke the DH dual wielding dmg calc

borlax
05-23-2012, 02:29 PM
They need to balance it sooooo bad. I love my DH except for the fact that he cant take any sort of damage, you need to keep kiting which is not really that easy in a dungeon crawler. Also, i have been trying to figure out what the hell is up with DW... I have been doing 2H cross/bows with a quiver because the damage is better.

Punisher11
05-24-2012, 09:28 AM
They need to balance it sooooo bad. I love my DH except for the fact that he cant take any sort of damage, you need to keep kiting which is not really that easy in a dungeon crawler. Also, i have been trying to figure out what the hell is up with DW... I have been doing 2H cross/bows with a quiver because the damage is better.

me too, also they nerfed shadow power, now i have 0 defense and cant release agro

luckily the monks i play with have a pull, if i get in trouble i run to them.

also aid station on turret is meh, but good enough for now

nhlfan
05-25-2012, 01:30 AM
I'm buying and installing next Sunday. What do I need to know? I usually like playing as a tank (Barb in D2).

Punisher11
05-25-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm buying and installing next Sunday. What do I need to know? I usually like playing as a tank (Barb in D2).

barb is still mostly the same, you may want to try monk though

ISPKI
05-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Shit, I just purchased this. DLing now, will be playing tonight after I get home from work (probably around 1:30AMish).

Did anyone read that this game broke the previous record of most copies sold on opening day? Blizzard beat it's own previous record that it had set with WOW by selling 3.5 million copies on day one. After one week, they had sold 6.3 million. That company is a fucking gold mine.

nhlfan
05-25-2012, 01:29 PM
barb is still mostly the same, you may want to try monk though

How is the monk at soloing? I may not spend much time playing with friends.

cmm2k5
05-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Whoever said the classes arent customizable as far as skill goes hasnt played this game much. You end up unlocking all the abilities of the classes as you level and can switch skills you unlock semi on the fly. It starts off slow but tuen picks up by late act 2-3. Ive been playing a wizard and im at level 28. It seems my damage is shit when playing with other people because the mobs get stronger obviously. But soloing i do just fine. The game is fun, has the diablo feel after you get to act 3. I was hesitant to buy it, but i had too many people wanting me to play. So far so good and i like it.

Punisher11
05-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Whoever said the classes arent customizable as far as skill goes hasnt played this game much. You end up unlocking all the abilities of the classes as you level and can switch skills you unlock semi on the fly. It starts off slow but tuen picks up by late act 2-3. Ive been playing a wizard and im at level 28. It seems my damage is shit when playing with other people because the mobs get stronger obviously. But soloing i do just fine. The game is fun, has the diablo feel after you get to act 3. I was hesitant to buy it, but i had too many people wanting me to play. So far so good and i like it.

from what i remember for D2, you used to have a skill tree, thus customizable skills

Punisher11
05-25-2012, 01:45 PM
How is the monk at soloing? I may not spend much time playing with friends.

decent, but once you get to hell and infernal mode, you need groups. i did hear monks can solo hell mode, but they have to be substantial geared and gemed

Siegler
05-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Shit, I just purchased this. DLing now, will be playing tonight after I get home from work (probably around 1:30AMish).

Did anyone read that this game broke the previous record of most copies sold on opening day? Blizzard beat it's own previous record that it had set with WOW by selling 3.5 million copies on day one. After one week, they had sold 6.3 million. That company is a fucking gold mine.

Yup, only other game that outsold D3 in the first day/week is MW3...and guess who owns that game...

borlax
05-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Anyone who doesn't have it yet and wants it I'm debating selling my battle.net account. It has WoW as well with all expansions and a bunch of characters 60+.

ISPKI
05-31-2012, 04:10 AM
I have my Witch doctor at level 30, at the end of act4 normal. I gotta say, witch doctors are pretty nuts. I can let my gargantuan tank while I soul harvest and then plaster everything in acid rain. So far, my highest number of kills with a single attack is 29...

Stealth
05-31-2012, 07:08 AM
reminds be a lot of world of warcraft

zedron
05-31-2012, 07:55 AM
Ive been soloing with my Monk now. Im a lvl 39 and almost done with Act 2 on Nightmare difficulty. Been pretty easy thus far excluding the rare times when I get one shotted by someone's critical hit chance.

Punisher11
05-31-2012, 05:51 PM
infernal is redic

Xaccordvtecx
06-04-2012, 04:36 AM
So what's everyone's battletag? I'm tectonichk#1613 add me please

c_murder
06-04-2012, 07:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVtgOH5Xq9Q

nhlfan
06-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Finished normal mode today. It seemed like a shorter game than Diablo II.