PDA

View Full Version : Paul 'The Punisher' Williams paralyzed from the waist down

Cage
05-28-2012, 05:41 PM
A sad day for boxing. . .

In shocking and sad news it has been reported how boxing star and former world champ at 147 and 154-pounds, Paul Williams has been involved in a nasty motorbike crash. Reports say “The Punisher” suffered the accident on Sunday in his native Atlanta.

Paul’s trainer and father figure George Peterson said the 30-year-old warrior will undergo surgery on Wednesday. Williams, a true fan-favourite, will undergo surgery that will stabilize the top half of his body. Sadly - and we can only hope that Paul manages to pull through and make a full recovery - there is a strong chance Williams will suffer permanent paralysis from the waist down as a result of his injuries.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=32195&more=1

Sucks to see it happen to the man. I was really looking forward to his fight against Saul Alverez and would have loved to see him get back on top again. I hope he makes a full recovery

Punisher11
05-28-2012, 05:49 PM
lol i think it was really only me and you interested in this fight

Cage
05-28-2012, 06:03 PM
lol i think it was really only me and you interested in this fight

I always wanted to see paul william go under Manny Steward's tutelage, he had the frame to be the second coming of Thomas Hearns

regardless of his losses, he never took easy street to get fights & was very under appreciated in the sport

theres a good reason welter weights avoided this man like a disease, if people were willing to fight him, I have no doubt he would have cleaned out that division giving Pac, Mayweather, Mosely, Margarito, Cotto. . and anyone else giving them a loss on their record

c_murder
05-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Now he can box in the crippled class.