PDA

View Full Version : PSA ar15 build

ISPKI
06-05-2012, 01:10 PM
I just got back from a weekend at a gunshow in springfield and it got me wanting an ar15. I just priced it up on palmetto and heres what I have so far;

Barreled Upper receiver with BCG and charging handle - 458$
Stripped Lower receiver - 80$
Lower receiver build kit - 90$

This comes out to 628$ before shipping and transfer fee. I am not sure how much the transfer fee will be but I am assuming its going to be at least 50$ and the shipping will likely be the same

ISPKI
06-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Wow, I just checked the shipping and palmetto state does free shipping woohoo. So, the total will be 628$ + the transfer fee. This is for a 16in heavy mid length upper. I was wondering if anyone knew if the birdcage muzzle break is legal in CT?

Punisher11
06-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Dunno about legality, but I have a psa upper and it's tits

ISPKI
06-07-2012, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I only hear good things about palmetto state armory products, esp their 50$ stripper lower sales that they have constantly. I found out that the A2 flash hider is illegal in CT, but it only counts once the gun is assembled, so, I can order it with the illegal flash hider, then take it off and put a muzzle break on it (the barrels are threaded so it has to have something permanently affixed to it), then just stick a laser tack on it and call it a day. The tack will be so small it will be hardly noticeable, and I could break it in the future if I wanted to change the muzzle break.

ISPKI
06-12-2012, 03:34 AM
Ordered a complete PSA mid length heavy profile upper a few days ago. A gun store about 25 mins away has stag arms lowers for 124$ I will purchase this week. Lower parts kit will be purchased tomorrow. 15 days and I will have my ar15.

ISPKI
06-12-2012, 03:35 AM
Total cost will run me about 690$ with a couple magpul accessories, nothing too fancy.

ISPKI
06-23-2012, 02:28 AM
Most of my AR just arrived. I am just waiting until the 1st of next month for the stripped stag lower. I underestimated how thick the heavy profile barrel is, and the chrome lining looks great. I smoothed out the ends of a piece of round bar stock that I am machining into the muzzle brake and drilled the center hole using a lathe at work. I will post pictures as it develops. I will be mimicking the Titan SJC design somewhat, although without the flats and with more flutes.

ISPKI
07-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Well, I finished assembly last week. The parts kits went together very easily. I picked up a Stag Arms lower from my local gun store. They were 130$ after tax, which puts them basically at the same price as the online PSA price+transfer fee (80+40$ transfer). Total cost for the whole gun was about 680$ including the materials for the custom muzzle brake that I am making. The parts went together easily and it is very solid. I already pinned the adjustable stock in place with a roll pin, just trying to finish the muzzle brake.

I already have an issue with the charging handle and the scope. The mil spec charging latch is too small with my scope attached, I can barely hold the handle to charge the gun. I found a steel extended latch online for 15$ that should solve the issue. I also ordered some magpul rails for the MOE grip that I have on the gun, as well as a forward magpul pistol grip and a magpul AFG. Next steps are to get the right optics, maybe a laser or a light or something, and a bipod.