PDA

View Full Version : Review: Gunzilla CLP

Punisher11
02-08-2012, 08:30 PM
http://www.gunzilla.us/

Saw this at the most recent gunshow by me and bought a small bottle. The guy pushing it was a former marine, and said current deployed marines (including 1 i know personally that came back) are raving about this stuff.

Gunzilla is made from plants and contains no water and no petroleum. It is safer and more effective than most gun cleaners, and can be used on everything from small handguns and high powered automatic weapons to 16" guns.

Low odor
No Phenol
No Teflon
Non-corrosive
No ammonia
Non-flammable
Airline safe (in checked baggage)
Natural chemical base (from plants)
No petroleum solvents
No hazardous chemicals
Soap and water cleanup

indeed this stuff seems to be all business, no dilution. the only thing i miss is the minty smell that Hoppe's #9 has. i would say its low odor, but a direct whiff from the bottle is strong scent.

The liquid does run, which is good for a CLP as it will get in anywhere and everywhere, just realize that if you do use it for long term storage on say the AR, the position you leave it in will dictate where you may possibly find a pool of this stuff (lower receiver in the trigger group area usually has it).

Gunzilla BC-10 was developed to reduce weapon malfunctions for soldiers and law enforcement. It is also formulated to remove the hazardous chemical exposure associated with many gun cleaners.

seller said some minor discoloration will occur in the first few uses as it re-penetrates the metal and cleans up what the other cleaners supposedly left behind

starting in March, i will be using this exclusively on my 1911 that im using for competition. that should give a very good test on what this CLP is capable of.

after a match, the pistol will be field stripped, cleaned via brushing, and wipe lube with only this product.

zedron
02-08-2012, 09:21 PM
No love for Break-Free CLP? I have some other shit that is a metal conditioner, I will have to check on what brand it is. I guess I will have to try this stuff and compare as well as I am pretty much out of Break Free and the metal conditioner.

Punisher11
02-08-2012, 11:42 PM
i used break free. first time was the small dropper bottle, then i got the spray. 2 different animals.

the dropper workers much better IMO

zedron
02-08-2012, 11:48 PM
I had teh small couple oz bottle as well. Ive used the spray though and it gets everywhere.

c_morse
02-09-2012, 12:08 AM
I have the big bottle. Bought on recommendation by my dad. Love it.

Punisher11
02-18-2012, 08:16 PM
So I finally got to using this and I'm pretty impressed. My major clean up was the barrel. Seems the hoppes and copper bore cleaner I was using sucked. The gunzilla did an amazing job so far in that I can see shiny metal on the lands and grooves now. Previously it was rather dark looking, like an exhaust tip after a few seasons of driving. Right now I did a short soak and I can see the chrome lining again
I'm going to try and grab a big bottle at the gunshow tomorrow if they got and soak my barrels in them over night. If they come out like I hope them to be I will seriously use this stuff exclusively.

I do however miss the minty smell of hoppes

Stealth
02-19-2012, 12:39 AM
That stuff isn't really that good. Pick yourself up some Weapon Shield and call it a day.

Punisher11
02-19-2012, 08:06 PM
That stuff isn't really that good. Pick yourself up some Weapon Shield and call it a day.

im sorry what weapon do you have and does your wife know

and for the record, weapon shield is good for field use, like a bore snake, but is not enough for cleaning

Stealth
02-19-2012, 09:12 PM
So your saying weapon shield isn't good?

lol okay, keep trying to defend yourself with personal attacks.

Punisher11
02-19-2012, 09:16 PM
So your saying weapon shield isn't good?

, weapon shield is good

cool story bro

lopomon
02-19-2012, 09:18 PM
i have never seen pun mad before, this is exciting

Punisher11
02-19-2012, 09:22 PM
i have never seen pun mad before, this is exciting

:hehe:

Stealth
02-19-2012, 09:46 PM
but is not enough for cleaning

Punisher11
02-19-2012, 10:05 PM

:whatthe:

GVB109
02-20-2012, 01:27 AM
I just run Distilled water thru my guns and let them air dry outside, thats the right way to do it right?

Punisher11
02-20-2012, 09:47 AM
I just run Distilled water thru my guns and let them air dry outside, thats the right way to do it right?

notsureifsrs

:lol:

Punisher11
03-17-2012, 07:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXNAYT9ijJc&feature=youtu.be

weapon shield left
frog lube paste: Middle
LaRue MG lube: right

:lol: @ calling it a day