PDA

View Full Version : Viginia Dragoon

ISPKI
08-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Just tossing this up, wanted to see what you guys think about this revolver my buddy just picked up. It is a Virginia Dragoon 44 magnum. This is a peacemaker clone single action revolver. I included a shot of it side-by-side with his .38 special for a size comparison. The barrel is about 5in long and the side walls of the barrel are extremely thick. Overall, it is a very heavy and beefy revolver.

Punisher11
08-26-2012, 09:35 PM
those were great guns and cheap at that

Reaper
08-27-2012, 07:57 AM
I had a colt .45 replica by mitchell arms.. it was a hunk of shit.. never lined the (uh wtf is the thingy called that holds the rounds) up with the barrel, therefore never fire unless you turned (that thingy) with your hand and locked it into place..
traded it for a 9mm semi auto.

i used to know what (that thingy) was called -.-

ISPKI
08-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Its called a cylinder. He picked this on up for 290$

Reaper
08-27-2012, 10:46 AM
damn i knew that.. fk..

nice pick up for that price.. i wish i still had my revolver sometimes, just for show.
mine looked just like that, except wood handle.

ISPKI
08-30-2012, 12:52 AM
Heh, he just ordered cocobolo grips for it, and his Walther PPKS.

I told him I would buy his lunch if he successfully fanned the entire cylinder without killing himself...or something else on the line. He just laughed and said "No".

ISPKI
09-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Well we shot the dragoon. I had nutmeg armory rounds that refused to work properly in it. 5/6 rounds did not fully burn the powder and left a ton of unburned powder in the cylinder which then went off moments after firing the next shots. Very dangerous shit. We think it was that ammo though. We fired a box of remington high velocity rounds through it with no issues.

Ammo is expensive. The remingtons were 32$ for 25 D: nutmeg cost 25 for 50 which wasnt too bad. Looks like i will be picking up a new die set for my press and start hot loading these.