View Full Version : Forza Horizon

civcmatt
09-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Forza with open world....will be buying

thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6bDqpTfj9E

Double R
09-10-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm ashamed that I spent $600 for a wheel, pedals, shifter setup and neglected Forza 4.

The game is sick. If the physics are the same as Forza, I'll be buying and playing this a lot. Especially now that I have room for my rig.

EXCellR8
09-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Forza 4 was like the same thing as Forza 3, except the lighting was better and there were some new cars. I played through the world tour but it didn't keep my interest too long and the AI was annoying...

Regardless I'll be playing Horizon this fall, and the new NFS.

Double R
09-10-2012, 11:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_V86ohpMJo

Fucking night/dusk/dawn racing is going to be the shit son.

EXCellR8
09-10-2012, 11:15 AM
I am gonna get so murdered by traffic lol

No night racing in F4 was dumb... can't remember if 3 had it. I was really hoping they'd bring back some of the tracks from the first Forza--there were some dope ones. I feel like Horizon could be the best Forza yet though.

Double R
09-10-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm waiting on all the fucking idiots to start pitting people and ramming them off the road in online.

EXCellR8
09-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Yea I'm not gonna have that problem... banned console etc.

I'm just hoping it's more forgiving than the sprint runs in F4 w the traffic cuz that shit was mad hard. Mt. Fuji tryin to pass your opponent while the slower cars are everywhere and around corners ugh. I remember having death grip on the controller trying not to lose my sanity lol. I could have done without those track day events too where u gotta pass a certain amount of cars before u ran out of laps. You make one mistake and you're pretty much fucked. Hopefully they have better events in Horizon cuz I miss those linear races like in the first game. I'm all for open world racing I just hope there's a good variety of events and some dope runs. A course editor would be AMAZING but I'd settle for some long winding runs. Can't wait to get onto those dirt roads too!

civcmatt
09-10-2012, 11:42 AM
ya i neglected Forza 4 for quiet a bit as well, i thought the beginning sucked ass hole but once you get some good cars its pretty decent. it is the same as Forza 3 with better graphics IMO...but it was a good change for that though i think.

i REALLY hope they stick true to the Forza feel and driving experience and just give it some wicked open world...ohhh man. i seriously cannot wait.

as for NFS, i used to love them until Most Wanted came out, Most Wanted Ruined all other NFS's it was that good, i tried to get them and cant get into them cuz i keep remembering Most Wanted.....................thats why im really hoping the Open World racing in this Forza is going to be as epic as i hope.

from other vids it looks like its a scene you can kinda live.

EXCellR8
09-10-2012, 11:57 AM
The new Most Wanted, by Criterion, is out next month--and will be great. The old one on like PS2/Xbox 1 was fkn dumb. Criterion is in charge of all things NFS (minus SHIFT series maybe) now that EA handed it over to them. They are a great UK developer probably my favorite. When Hot Pursuit came out in 2010(?) it was pretty good; better than expected. If you've played Burnout Paradise (2008) and like chaotic open world racing then the new Most Wanted will be similar. I got that preordered on Origin I'm pretty confident it will be a blast. Before the new Hot Pursuit came out I was pretty much done w/ the NFS series. I dabbled around with SHIFT a little bit but it certainly isn't anything special. Maybe Criterion will make a new Underground with even more ridiculous body kits lol

civcmatt
09-10-2012, 12:38 PM
I thought the original most wanted was great! Was so addicted to it.

I'll have to look into the new most wanted though.... I need more xbox time in my life for all these video games haha

EXCellR8
09-10-2012, 04:43 PM
If you liked the original MW then you'll probably go ape shit over the new one. Criterion has an excellent team and has yet to make a bad racing game. I probably put well over 100 hours into Burnout Paradise and countless more into the previous games in the series. Now that they've got the rights to NFS I feel like the series is somewhat reborn. Hot Pursuit was good but I think their rendition of Most Wanted is gonna be sick. Open world racing that can always be connected online and most of the cars available from the start etc. I liked what they did with HP, and the map was great but it was a little shallow with events and online content. MW aims to correct that with a game that's a lot more like Burnout.

civcmatt
09-11-2012, 09:53 AM
just watched a NFS MW video and gameplay....i had seen it before, but damn it does look sick. why do they have to be released so effing close to eachother!?

now you got me thinkin.....which one do i buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha:rage2:

EXCellR8
09-11-2012, 04:38 PM
both sukka, lol. nah the decision is actually quite easy. do you want realistic or more arcade-like racing? forza will be the more realistic one while MW will be the crazier more chaotic game. both titles are gonna be dope so it's a win/win if you ask me, but of course i'll be getting both so yea :P

civcmatt
09-11-2012, 04:43 PM
man thats a hard bargin.....at least i have a month to think about it

EXCellR8
10-14-2012, 11:01 PM
giantbomb guys have a pretty early review and quick look out... gave it 5 stars

Plenty of racing games have tried to split the difference between simulation and "arcade" racing in the past, but there aren't many that do it as well as Forza Horizon.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forza-horizon/61-37648/reviews/

civcmatt
10-15-2012, 10:36 AM
i didnt watch the entire game but it seems like a pretty sweet game......its going to be a hard pick...Forza or MW...............................so Forza next week...MW the following week

Stealth
10-15-2012, 11:13 AM
i might have to order that xbox adapter to play these games.

civcmatt
10-15-2012, 11:19 AM
i might have to order that xbox adapter to play these games.

wat dat mean?:whatthe:

Stealth
10-15-2012, 11:47 AM
The hack that lets you play downloaded games

civcmatt
10-15-2012, 12:01 PM
The hack that lets you play downloaded games

oh the HKey or something like that...someone got it here didnt they?

civcmatt
10-19-2012, 02:43 PM
so time is almost here for both NFS:MW and Forza Horizon......im going to buy one, which do you think will be the better game? help me decide

Stealth
10-19-2012, 03:00 PM
I'd probably go with Horizon.

civcmatt
10-19-2012, 03:02 PM
I'd probably go with Horizon.

any reason you came to that conclusion? im just curious so i can weigh int he pros and cons of both

EXCellR8
10-20-2012, 05:27 PM
just fucking rent one and buy the other :lol:

i already gave you a comparison sukka... more realistic vs. more chaotic. both are gonna be great, you can't lose.

civcmatt
10-21-2012, 11:47 AM
just fucking rent one and buy the other :lol:

i already gave you a comparison sukka... more realistic vs. more chaotic. both are gonna be great, you can't lose.

hahahahahahha i know you did. still very hard choice. one comes out this week...the other the following. im not too into multiplayer racing games online, but the MW looks like it has a killer multiplayer mode. seems forza is mainly based around social networking multiplayer in a sense.

EXCellR8
10-22-2012, 11:56 PM
so, played a little horizon earlier... pretty great stuff.

if you liked burnout paradise, test drive unlimited, NFS:HP and of course forza or even cars in general then there's a solid chance that you will love it. right from the start you can tell that it's a lot more about car culture than traditional competitive racing but the open world thing works just fine. a little too early to tell but this will probably shape up to be the best Forza game yet, and perhaps the best racing game on 360 thus far.

oh and they threw in a little DiRT style too, as if it wasn't awesome enough!!

civcmatt
10-23-2012, 08:47 AM
really? interesting thats good to know...are you going to get MW as well when it comes out next week??? i dont really member playing burnout, which is NFS:hp??

as for right now im 99% going to pick up the new MOH and wait to see how MW is and get one of those a bit later in the future. i completely spaced that MOH was coming out today. im over COD BF and MOH are a million times better.

EXCellR8
10-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Ugh.. i have zero interest in tactical shooters; they aren't even on my radar anymore. wasted $60 on BF3 that was my last one. fun for a week, then everyone just hacks. fuck that.

but yea Most Wanted drops at the end of the month and I'll be playing that too. i had a lot of fun with paradise and hot pursuit so i don't expect a lesser product. for now though Forza will be eating up a lot of my gaming time. i have so many games that i've started and almost no time to play lol...

Mass Effect 3 (been playing forever)
Borderlands 2
Dishonored
Sleeping Dogs
Forza Horizon
Halo 4

...all games i've started and Assassin's Creed III, Most Wanted and Hitman all launch within a month. FUCK ME!

civcmatt
10-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Ugh.. i have zero interest in tactical shooters; they aren't even on my radar anymore. wasted $60 on BF3 that was my last one. fun for a week, then everyone just hacks. fuck that.

but yea Most Wanted drops at the end of the month and I'll be playing that too. i had a lot of fun with paradise and hot pursuit so i don't expect a lesser product. for now though Forza will be eating up a lot of my gaming time. i have so many games that i've started and almost no time to play lol...

Mass Effect 3 (been playing forever)
Borderlands 2
Dishonored
Sleeping Dogs
Forza Horizon
Halo 4

...all games i've started and Assassin's Creed III, Most Wanted and Hitman all launch within a month. FUCK ME!

this is why im limiting and picking wisely...not a ton of time to play so why waste 60 each on a bunch of games ill hardly play...even though i would like more time. i just dont have it. buy one...get money worth lol

EXCellR8
10-24-2012, 05:59 PM
I'll admit the traffic in Forza can be annoying and the map isn't everything I had hoped for but it's still really good, and plenty challenging too on the harder difficulties. there's also this neat 'barn finds' thing where all u gotta do is go and find semi-hidden cars and then the mechanic restores them for you, for free. so far i've collected a few really nice rides that way and if you have any saves from previous games u do get some bonus vehicles.

bottom line is it's a fun and well-rounded racing game that anyone could play, but might be a bit too different for someone who's a die hard track racing, sim player. i love both so doesn't matter to me...

Das Kapitalist
10-24-2012, 09:43 PM
This game is pretty fucking awesome. I wish I had a Fanatec wheel.

civcmatt
10-31-2012, 10:55 AM
so i took some old stuff in that i had upgrades from or beat (BF 2, COD's Lego games the wife and i beat already) got myself $60 instore credit, apparently there is no tax for tradeins so i just preordered NFS:MW and picked it up yesterday. have only played for a few mins so far, so not sure how it is

EXCellR8
10-31-2012, 10:04 PM
I played Most Wanted for a bit earlier and (surprise!) it plays a lot more like a Burnout/Midnight Club hybrid with that NFS flair. It's definitely a different style of game when compared to Forza but it's arguably the more fun and/or chaotic of the two. The vehicle handling was a little funky but I got used to it relatively quickly. Needless to say, perhaps again, that if you liked the original Most Wanted or any of the Burnout games then you will probably enjoy this game. The map has plenty to offer and isn't as "back-and-fourth" as Horizon's. Also, the circuit races in FH leave a lot to be desired while NFS they are a lot more fun.

At the end of the day, or month I should say, these are both great games and will provide hours upon hours of gameplay each. It's hard to recommend one over the other because I like both of them and (when I can find the time) I'm sure I'll play the shit out of each title.

civcmatt
11-01-2012, 11:22 AM
i have been enjoying MW have about 2 hours in and it says i have completed 14%...maybe its cuz i have found a TON of cars, so not sure how long its going to last. but its def fun, i am enjoying it.

Stealth
11-01-2012, 01:19 PM
meh

EXCellR8
11-01-2012, 05:26 PM
^this guy...

just because there aren't 20 audis doesn't mean you shouldn't play it.

Stealth
11-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Wait there isn't any audis. :fthat:

Bleekington
11-02-2012, 11:11 AM
I dont think im trading my Forza 4 for this.

Double R
11-02-2012, 12:06 PM
IMO, it looks arcadey and too cartoonish.

I'll spend my dough on AC:3

civcmatt
11-02-2012, 01:04 PM
i tried to play AC:1 cuz it came with my Xbox and it was fun but i got bored of it though! it seems like a good game though maybe now im older i will try it one of these days.

P-Spec
11-02-2012, 02:45 PM
AC1 is boring and repetitive.....Start with the AC2 Trilogy before playing AC3..........so far AC3 is fucking tits mcgee.

civcmatt
11-02-2012, 02:56 PM
thats why i stopped AC1 it ws very repetitive after a few

tensa
11-03-2012, 10:44 AM
please some body invite me chdbits martinlleshi90@live.com thanks

EXCellR8
11-03-2012, 12:34 PM
please some body invite me chdbits martinlleshi90@live.com thanks

i can send you an invite to GO FUCK YOURSELF... let me kno

and AC1 would be boring to play now, but i had a lot of fun with it back whenever. There were too many animus cutaways which got annoying after awhile and the plot was easily foreseen but still a great game. AC2 is the best but I have high hopes that AC3 will match it. I still gotta go run and pick up my copy though, they keep calling like it's taking up room in the store or something lol.

Still ripping through both Forza and MW on and off when I have the time... there's a few things in each game that I don't like such as Forza's slight douchiness w/ the characters and Most Wanted's bare bones customization. So far Forza is taking the better reviews, and I guess it's the "better" game, but MW is certainly fun to play and if you can look past the small setbacks you'll have a good time. I think I have to calibrate my controller or something in MW though cuz most of the reviews i've read said the controls are great but I find myself being almost magnetized to traffic and I can't seem to drift any of the cars very well. It was perfect in Hot Pursuit but I can't get the hang of it in MW.

Double R
11-05-2012, 08:24 AM
I quit AC:2 Revelations about halfway through.

Watching rice cook was more entertaining.

Worth the finish?

EXCellR8
11-05-2012, 07:50 PM
couldn't say i never picked it up. i got sort of bored/overwhelmed with brotherhood and after awhile couldn't get into it again. it just felt like a filler until the next main game was released. it played really nice though; felt refined.

a buddy of mine has been playing AC3 and he's been complaining that there's loads of bugs and other annoying little glitches. nothing game-breaking but perhaps a little surprising...