PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari too afraid of their own cars not performing?

Siegler
09-21-2012, 11:39 PM
http://jalopnik.com/5760248/how-ferrari-spins

FlyingHonda
09-22-2012, 01:59 PM
this is very common practice from most manufacturers. although ferrari just takes it to a higher level.

EXCellR8
09-22-2012, 03:19 PM
read through it briefly but i think i am missing what it's really about... some guy wasn't happy about his invitation to Italy and a test drive because of some tires? Uhhh... ok. I mean if you're not a race car driver and they want to make sure the $250k car handles safely I feel like there's nothing morally wrong with that. Am I missing the point or does this dude just sound like a whiny fuck with a big wallet? If the performance isn't there go out and buy something else guy, damn.

veloceracing
09-23-2012, 08:42 PM
He's a journalist offering an insight into what ferrari does. Ferrari rigs the cars to perform better than a factory stock car...much far beyond what other manufacturers do.

Harry
09-23-2012, 10:34 PM
read through it briefly but i think i am missing what it's really about... some guy wasn't happy about his invitation to Italy and a test drive because of some tires? Uhhh... ok. I mean if you're not a race car driver and they want to make sure the $250k car handles safely I feel like there's nothing morally wrong with that. Am I missing the point or does this dude just sound like a whiny fuck with a big wallet? If the performance isn't there go out and buy something else guy, damn.

Miss it? I think you read a different article altogether lol.

EXCellR8
09-23-2012, 10:49 PM
haha, definitely need to work on my reading comprehension. i'd blame the ADD if I had it... which I don't. (that could be a lie)

i guess understanding now he's a 'journalist' and not just some unhappy owner makes him a bit more credible. i suppose it is a little shady that ferrari goes that far out of the way to rig the performance when people who invest in such vehicles offer the same level from a stock car. i'm sure if i bought a shiny new stallion and it didn't perform like they said it would (at least without mods) i'd be a little pissed off too. i'm not even going to pretend like that's a possibility but now I see where he's coming from at least. at the end of the day though I usually go by one rule:

nothing is ever as good as it seems.