Join Today

Jailbreaking an iphone

Anybody done this? I have the 4s and I heard there's a jailbreak for it. Is there any chance of it damaging the phone? Is there any other benefit other than getting free apps? I never got the big deal about it but if it doesn't hurt I might try it.

It's pretty simple. most current programs are pretty much 1 click and require you to reboot the phone.

As far as it messing your phone up?

I've jailbreak-ed close to 50 phones and never once has it messed up and not be repairable.

Usually a restore fixes any issues u may encounter

There might be things that I haven't found that would be sweet, but so far the only things that I've found that I really like are Pandora Downloader and BiteSMS.

Those two alone though, in my opinion, make jailbreaking worth it.
    Pandora Downloader allows you to save songs from Pandora, as well as giving you unlimited skips and no commercials.
    BiteSMS is a messenger app that just gives you more options than the stock app. (the ability to reply to a text without unlocking your phone, for example)

I'd say its worth it to try, just to play with it. It is super easy to do. Worst case scenario, you don't like it and go back to being un-jailbroken.
    If you upgraded to iOS 6.1.3 though, as far as I know, you're out of luck on a jailbreak right now anyway

Right now i have 6.0. (10A403) I haven't updated for awhile. I think I'm gonna do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 95civicex View Post
    There might be things that I haven't found that would be sweet, but so far the only things that I've found that I really like are Pandora Downloader and BiteSMS.

Those two alone though, in my opinion, make jailbreaking worth it.
    Pandora Downloader allows you to save songs from Pandora, as well as giving you unlimited skips and no commercials.
    BiteSMS is a messenger app that just gives you more options than the stock app. (the ability to reply to a text without unlocking your phone, for example)

I'd say its worth it to try, just to play with it. It is super easy to do. Worst case scenario, you don't like it and go back to being un-jailbroken.
    If you upgraded to iOS 6.1.3 though, as far as I know, you're out of luck on a jailbreak right now anyway
    I fucking love intellaXscreen that shit is awesome, it's a few bucks but it's worth it. Haveing all that info right on the lock screen is a time saver and it looks great.

thats pretty cool they have a pandora downloader

I unlocked my wifes a bit ago to get free wifi tether...she started having issue with stability, so i took it back. i jail broke my old ipod touch and saw ZERO benefit to it but then again i dont use it much.

however it is super easy to do there are programs you download and it pretty much does it for you.
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

Which phone did she have, and what do you mean by stability?

Jailbreaking gives you the ability to do certain things you wouldn't otherwise be allowed to have or do.

Free Apps obviously is the biggest, but I do like that little tweaks and hacks that cydia does. There is some cool stuff.

Some of the stuff is a bit unstable, stuff that usually changes the interface sometimes causes springboard to reboot, but it's all of 5 seconds it takes to restart it so it's really not a big deal. The Benifits outway the negitives big time.

Example the intellascreen X mod sometimes causes it to restart the springboard and it's happen maybe 3 times in the few months i've had it. Not a issue at all.

only reason i've been at all hesitant is because they really had a hard time coming out with a jailbreak for the iphone 4 and 5, whereas the older phones seemed to be much easier. I was just wondering if that translated into a more problematic jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Which phone did she have, and what do you mean by stability?
    she had the 4.

and stability it would just randomly reboot and freeze. and sometimes the music would just go away. and hell the tether program didnt even work. the one that i read did work you had to pay for anyway. :shrug:

granted i didnt mess with it much like i would have on my phone, but she hated it and i never did figure out how to get freeapps and shit though. so to me the benifits did not outweigh negatives. but like i said i didnt sit down and spend hours figuring it out like i have with DROID's.
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    only reason i've been at all hesitant is because they really had a hard time coming out with a jailbreak for the iphone 4 and 5, whereas the older phones seemed to be much easier. I was just wondering if that translated into a more problematic jailbreak.
    if anythnig it was easier lol