Join Today

Post Nissan's New Sub-brand... Datsun?

yep, apparently Nissan wants to revive the Datsun brand and introduce some new low-cost models under it it...

Nissan wants to use the Datsun brand name on a new lineup of low cost vehicles tailor made for emerging markets starting from 2014. The move is reminiscent of Renault's decision to buy out the Romanian automaker Dacia in 1999 for the same purpose.

Full Article (Carscoop)
    Last edited by EXCellR8; 03-06-2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: changed image
    '95 Civic Sedan + '08 Fit Sport

OMGOMGOMG

Saw the pic and got excited but everything I've read says they're going to be cheap cars..probably sub $10k. I don't think we'll be getting anything close to that image posted.

yea sorry for the misleading pic lol... i think that's just an unnamed concept car modeled after the 280Z, but I'm not sure. might even be a 280 or 260Z with some modern body panels.

anyway it sounds like these new models are going to be very basic and affordable sport compacts or sub compacts; i'm pretty sure they have no plans to release anything under the Datsun brand in North America. I'm interested in seeing what they look like though.
    '95 Civic Sedan + '08 Fit Sport

Holy misleading pic

Basically cheap cars for developing economies.
    aka - Annihilia

boxes with wheels. or worse, Smart type vehicles ;-/

speaking of which, this fucking looks like a baby stroller.
    • thinkmad

GunSlingerTequilaDrinker
    cocktease

might start with the cheap ass cars then build one Z car for the peeps and price it at like 400,000 bucks just cuz they can for some reason
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

Seems like a lot of car companies are bringing back old cars, although Nissan is taking it to next level. Since the Z car is still around, the thought of a new Datsun 510 would be interesting. Bring back the Bluebird.

good thing i saw this article before reading it here

shame they arent using the brand for a retro revival division. would be nice to see some real fairlady's again.