Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Serious serious question

OK I'll just get right to it. I just got a call from my ex (most of you know him but that's irrelevant) saying him and his gf have been receiving emails from someone saying they are me. They've talked about vacations we had gone on and sent a picture to her from one of the vaacations. WTF DO I DO?! Am I compromised, or is he? I don't know his gf nor do I have her e-mail. He and I are no longer friends on FB, haven't been for over a year. Has anyone gone through this and if so what can I do? Apparently this just recently started happening. I don't know if it is a friend of his messing with them or what. I'm not getting anything from "him" so I don't know what the hell is going on.

HELP

Idk who your ex is. Ignore it. He knows it's not you now. It's his problem not yours. Just change all your passwords to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Idk who your ex is. Ignore it. He knows it's not you now. It's his problem not yours. Just change all your passwords to be safe.

As long as its not your personal info being used then i would say its an issue on his end. Harry is right though, change all the passwords that have sensitive info tied to them like online banking and email. Also, use the on screen keyboard, if for some reason you're compromised a key logger shouldn't be able to log the virtual keystrokes.
    a.k.a. mjr4189

Its someone you both know obviously. Do what Harry said and change all your passwords, check your email account to make sure there's nothing in the sent folder you ddin't send.

and post nudes

Yea, I'm in the process of changing all my passwords. So f'ing annoying.

Is the correspondence coming from shit you own? Like is someone sending email from your address?

If not, just say "I don't know, ignore them, it isn't me".

Is this info very personal that not a lot of people would know? Like the vacation info, or the pictures that were sent? Or are they public info?

So far it's stuff his friends on FB could have easily found on there. But we'll see where this goes. It's a fabricated e-mail, not my own.

If it's a fabricated e-mail address, maybe it's someone trying to sabotage his current relationship using you.
    aka - Annihilia

Eh, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Does your ex believe it was you?

Want me to kick John's ass?
    2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan -- Daily
    1999 Honda Civic Si -- 6165 powered/H2B
    2008 Chevy Silverado -- Toy Hauler

Ryan, you are now YCZ's enforcement officer.

GunSlingerTequilaDrinker
    is it stealth? just saying, given dan's recent exploits to get back on the forum after being banned would lead me to believe he is capable of such doings
    Last edited by Punisher11; 03-08-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    "bro, if there's one thing ill make sure of, is that im the commander and chief in the bedroom" -Steven Siegler

zedron: hate u dan
    zedron: HA, Fuck you Dan

zedron: Why I am strapped wherever I go. I had a Mexican lawn guy pull a machete on me at a gas station. He got shot in the leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher11 View Post
    is it stealth? just saying, given dan's recent exploits to get back on the forum after being banned would lead me to believe he is capable of such doings
    This seriously had me LOLing

But on the real, I've never dealt with this exact situation, but some kindaaaaaaaa similar. If the e-mails are coming from some random e-mail address and he believes it is you even after you have told him it is not then there's really nothing you can do because most likely whoever is doing it has already saved a bunch of pictures. If it's coming from your e-mail, like already stated, change all your passwords.

Sounds like some stupid ass shit, people have too much time on their hands.
    05 Acura RSX-S - 228/160 Bolt ons + KPRO
    Yonkers Racing Vids

lol silly internet, always messing with people.

lol @ is it stealth.

Wow, that's a crazy situation! I'd say just ignore it and as long as he knows it isn't you and they aren't sending anything directly from any of your accounts I think you're good. Kinda weird though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    lol @ is it stealth.

Wow, that's a crazy situation! I'd say just ignore it and as long as he knows it isn't you and they aren't sending anything directly from any of your accounts I think you're good. Kinda weird though.
    oh hai
    aka B18C5er

Quote Originally Posted by Double R View Post
    Ryan, you are now YCZ's enforcement officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_YYZ View Post
    oh hai
    Yo jafar, you gonna e-stalk her in every thread she posts in?
    2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan -- Daily
    1999 Honda Civic Si -- 6165 powered/H2B
    2008 Chevy Silverado -- Toy Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Fkntkn View Post

Yo jafar, you gonna e-stalk her in every thread she posts in?

Yo glorious winged faggot, don't you have to go do a photoshoot with your homosex friends in some lame ass costumes?
    aka B18C5er

GunSlingerTequilaDrinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_YYZ View Post
    Yo glorious winged faggot, don't you have to go do a photoshoot with your homosex friends in some lame ass costumes?
    "bro, if there's one thing ill make sure of, is that im the commander and chief in the bedroom" -Steven Siegler

zedron: hate u dan
    zedron: HA, Fuck you Dan

zedron: Why I am strapped wherever I go. I had a Mexican lawn guy pull a machete on me at a gas station. He got shot in the leg.

Between Tony's post in this thread and NHL's post in Nikki's new car thread, my LOL quotient for the week has been filled.
    Because Racecarô