Join Today

1st trip to the range

congratz to me, i am one of you folks now

matt shooting range.jpg

Today was my first actual trip to a shooting range. other than that the only time i shot firearms was a few crummy .22 rifles on my friends farm when i was young and a 12 gauge while hunting as a kid.

My roomate has a ridiculous collection and between him and his brother they brought about 8 guns out. After warming up with his 1911 9mm and then his .45, his brother whipped out his S&W 500 revolver. holy fucking hand cannon lol.

smith_500_4.jpg

Super fun but afterwards my hand was sore as fuck.

After that they whipped out the AR-15's...one straight from the factory with iron sights and the other 2 modified AR's with scopes, better stock's etc. Those were fun and all but the highlight of the day was before we left they gave me about 10 rounds of .50 Beowulf for one of the modifed AR's....felt awesome to fire (although I felt bad seeing $ signs fly outta the barrel, knowing how pricy that shit is) and much easier to control than trying to fire .500 S&W ammo out of a revolver. Before we left they let me do some distance shooting with their 6.68 tripod, but I have shitty eyes and had a bit of trouble finding my targets in the scope.

All in all it was really alot of fun and I look forward to finally getting my permit so I can make a few purchases of my own.
    Last edited by P-Spec; 03-11-2012 at 10:48 PM.

GunSlingerTequilaDrinker

welcome to the armory
    "bro, if there's one thing ill make sure of, is that im the commander and chief in the bedroom" -Steven Siegler

zedron: hate u dan
    zedron: HA, Fuck you Dan

zedron: Why I am strapped wherever I go. I had a Mexican lawn guy pull a machete on me at a gas station. He got shot in the leg.

connecticut has some lax gun laws. P-Spec since you're a business owner i would suggest you get a conceal carry permit.

yea for sure, i'm workin on it....just gotta find the time and someone to take the course with me.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Spec View Post
    yea for sure, i'm workin on it....just gotta find the time and someone to take the course with me.

dont be a pussy . Just go and do it your self. The time might be tough but sometimes it'll be easier doing it your self that way you don't have to wait on someone.

".50 Beowulf for one of the modifed AR's" Pics? or is that what you're shooting in the first pic?

Where the fuck are you in CT?! My buddy has a membership for the entire network of hartford gun ranges and we try to go shooting every other weekend. If you want to be a good shot, stop shooting that high caliber shit and get a 22 rifle, preferably a bolt action. It may seem boring at first but it is the best way to develop your skills. They are also cheap to buy and even cheaper to shoot as 22LR is heads and shoulders cheaper than any kind of ammo for any other gun. I started shooting with a 1942 mosin nagant in 7.62X54R and it gave me a regoddamndiculous flinch that I am still trying to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    ".50 Beowulf for one of the modifed AR's" Pics? or is that what you're shooting in the first pic?
    nah the first pic is just the factory AR-15....It's my roomates brother's thats modified, not his, so I'll see if I can grab a pic next weekend

Quote Originally Posted by ISPKI View Post
    Where the fuck are you in CT?! My buddy has a membership for the entire network of hartford gun ranges and we try to go shooting every other weekend. If you want to be a good shot, stop shooting that high caliber shit and get a 22 rifle, preferably a bolt action. It may seem boring at first but it is the best way to develop your skills. They are also cheap to buy and even cheaper to shoot as 22LR is heads and shoulders cheaper than any kind of ammo for any other gun. I started shooting with a 1942 mosin nagant in 7.62X54R and it gave me a regoddamndiculous flinch that I am still trying to get rid of.
    I'm in Waterbury......and yea I wasn't out there target practicing just having fun with some of my friends toys. In the future I'm going to start training with a pistol, most likely a 9 mm because as was previously stated I'm a business owner who sometimes has a decent amount of cash on me coming from the store so this is the most practical application for me.

Quote Originally Posted by eNder View Post
    connecticut has some lax gun laws. P-Spec since you're a business owner i would suggest you get a conceal carry permit.
    LOL PERMIT
    aka - Annihilia

GunSlingerTequilaDrinker
    ^ , but I have your permit too Ti
    "bro, if there's one thing ill make sure of, is that im the commander and chief in the bedroom" -Steven Siegler

zedron: Why I am strapped wherever I go. I had a Mexican lawn guy pull a machete on me at a gas station. He got shot in the leg.

Screw all you guys, ive been doing paperwork and clearance shit back and forth between our chief firearms officer for a month trying to get my 1911. In a few weeks I have to go to my gun club and pass a handgun test by putting 10 rounds down range without killing anyone and thats just one small peice of the big puzzle in owning a handgun in Canada

GunSlingerTequilaDrinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Germinator View Post
    Screw all you guys, ive been doing paperwork and clearance shit back and forth between our chief firearms officer for a month trying to get my 1911. In a few weeks I have to go to my gun club and pass a handgun test by putting 10 rounds down range without killing anyone and thats just one small peice of the big puzzle in owning a handgun in Canada
    Keep at it brosef