Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool 2012 Fitness Goals

I'll get this section started. I bulked from 170ish to 205lbs over the winter. I'm cutting early since I have a vacation coming up at the end of March. Going to Vegas again.

Currently trying to cut down to at least 12% body fat.

What's everyone else working on now?
    aka B18C5er

Hit about 200 again this winter. Starting the "cut". Protein shake in the morning, lean meats and veggies for lunch, and zero carbs for dinner.

It's not ideal right now. School is raping me and work is tag teaming me with school at the same time.

Gym time is f'd. I workout at home for now. When I graduate in June, I will have so much free time I'm going to explode.

Had ACL surgery and was laid up the entire month of December, eating like a slob and being depressed. I started a whole foods heavy diet (non-vegan, still eating plenty of white meat)with a focus on overall health in January and a 16 week intensive lifting regimen this week. My goal is by June to be as toned as I possibly can be. I've already hit strength peaks that I'm never going to see again due to my various unfortunate injuries over the years so before I get any older I wanna see how lean and shredded I can get for once.

I'm working on an Exercise Checklist in excel that I think might be pretty useful for anyone with similar goals. I'll post it up when I'm done.

Dead lift twice my body weight 3x.

I need to drop somewhere between 200-210 and no more than 15% body fat. I am currently 230 with 20% body fat. Iv have just been lazy lately and havent wanted to do ANYTHING. I no its not excuse but my gym buddy stopped going with me and it all went down hill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by PSPEC
    I'm working on an Exercise Checklist in excel that I think might be pretty useful for anyone with similar goals. I'll post it up when I'm done.

If you do, make a new thread on it with a good title. Something like "Men's Exercise Check List" so it has a better chance of showing up in a Google search, which will bring traffic to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by zedron View Post
    I need to drop somewhere between 200-210 and no more than 15% body fat. I am currently 230 with 20% body fat. Iv have just been lazy lately and havent wanted to do ANYTHING. I no its not excuse but my gym buddy stopped going with me and it all went down hill from there.

Easiest thing to do is eat 500 calories under maintenance, lift heavy 4-5 times per week and take your multi.

Sign up for a food tracker site like www.myfitnesspal.com and track your meals daily. Make sure you take in 0.8-1g of protein per gram of bodyweight to minimize the loss of lean mass.
    aka B18C5er

When you guys say "cut" what exactly does that refer to? Just cutting calories, cutting sitting around? explain

Bascially a "cut" is a method of greatly reducing caloric intake for a period of time to promote heavy fat/water loss.

Say during the winter you want to put on a bunch of muscle. You're going to increase your caloric intake while exercising to build mass. Say eating 4000 calories a day.

Well, the side effect is that you're always going to put on fat during your "bulking stage."

When you "cut" you will go from say, 4000 calories a day, to 2000-1,500 while still working out as much as possible. This will shed the fat you built up over the winter while trying to gain muscle mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Double R View Post
    Bascially a "cut" is a method of greatly reducing caloric intake for a period of time to promote heavy fat/water loss.

Say during the winter you want to put on a bunch of muscle. You're going to increase your caloric intake while exercising to build mass. Say eating 4000 calories a day.

Well, the side effect is that you're always going to put on fat during your "bulking stage."

When you "cut" you will go from say, 4000 calories a day, to 2000-1,500 while still working out as much as possible. This will shed the fat you built up over the winter while trying to gain muscle mass.
    Just to add, you have to maintain a full time weight lifting routine for this to be effective though. Otherwise you'll start to lose a lot of lean mass since your body tends to use that as a food source first.
    aka B18C5er

If you do, make a new thread on it with a good title. Something like "Men's Exercise Check List" so it has a better chance of showing up in a Google search, which will bring traffic to the site.
    Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Dead lift twice my body weight 3x.
    Did 365 tonight. I got some work to do. Current body weight 215 +-3lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Did 365 tonight. I got some work to do. Current body weight 215 +-3lbs.
    Nice.

I'm finally starting to do upper body exercises this week again after suffering from tennis elbow.
    aka B18C5er

My goal to is to workout as much as possible while destroying my body with alcohol and unhealthy food.

My goal to is to workout as much as possible while destroying my body with alcohol and unhealthy food.
    I never got laid for having a good looking liver

You get laid because I know a lot of sluts.

You get laid because I know a lot of sluts.

275 bench is my most immediate goal. I've been shedding fat over the past 18 months or so and want to keep that up, too.