Lightbulb My finished HID projector retrofit

My retrofit is finally completed! My components used are as follows:

-AP1 S2000 Projectors (clear lens)
    -Morimoto 4300k D2S Bulbs
    -Hella Gen 3 Ballasts
    -E46-R Shrouds
    -TRS 9006 Wiring Harness

aka B18C5er

Looks good man. Does the passenger side need to be adjusted? It looks like it needs to go down just a tad bit.
    2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan -- Daily
    1999 Honda Civic Si -- 6165 powered/H2B
    2008 Chevy Silverado -- Toy Hauler

That's the way HID cutoff is supposed to be. Passenger side is always just a tad higher.
    Because Racecarô

Quote Originally Posted by Fkntkn View Post
    Looks good man. Does the passenger side need to be adjusted? It looks like it needs to go down just a tad bit.
    Thanks. Yeah, passenger is just a tad higher on LHD cars.

Quote Originally Posted by c_morse View Post
    That's the way HID cutoff is supposed to be. Passenger side is always just a tad higher.
    Yup. I hate PnP lowbeams, especially in reflector bowls.
    Last edited by Tony_YYZ; 05-06-2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: typo
    aka B18C5er

damn those came out pretty good, how many hours work total? looks like a lot of work...

i desperately need to get my headlights sorted cuz they are SOOO fucked atm. every time i try to fix them i end up breaking something lol
    '95 Civic Sedan + '08 Fit Sport

Tony they came out awesome, BTW. I am looking at doing a Morimoto retrofit on my Daytona. Dual projectors with D2S bulbs instead of one low beam projector and the other a high beam projector.

Depending on how that turns out, I might do a quad projector setup on the G at some point.
    Because Racecarô

Great work dude. Doing a retrofit on the stang is something I need to do.

been wanting to do this for my prelude for quite some time now, but i'm too lazy to start.

"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." -Bullet Tooth Tony

Quote Originally Posted by EXCellR8 View Post
    damn those came out pretty good, how many hours work total? looks like a lot of work...

i desperately need to get my headlights sorted cuz they are SOOO fucked atm. every time i try to fix them i end up breaking something lol
    Thanks. I was going to attempt to do them myself but I ended up not wanting to take the rest of fucking up the projector and the headlight bowl so I had a local retrofitter do the labour for me. He took about 1.5 days to complete it. Most of the time was waiting for the epoxy and butyl to dry.

Quote Originally Posted by c_morse View Post
    Tony they came out awesome, BTW. I am looking at doing a Morimoto retrofit on my Daytona. Dual projectors with D2S bulbs instead of one low beam projector and the other a high beam projector.

Depending on how that turns out, I might do a quad projector setup on the G at some point.
    Thanks Charlie. If you're going with the Morimoto Mini's, look at the H1's over the D2S model. The H1 projectors have a better output. The OEM HID on the G35/350Z left a lot to be desired and greatly benefits from a retro.

Quote Originally Posted by Double R View Post
    Your model didn't come with HID projectors from factory?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHonda View Post
    been wanting to do this for my prelude for quite some time now, but i'm too lazy to start.
    I was amassing parts over the last few months and finally decided to get them all together.

I'll take a cleaner pic of the cutoff soon. It's a lot nicer than in the pic I posted above.
    aka B18C5er

maybe retro fit some lowering springs while ur at it too.

Tony, the HIDs come with the Premium package which adds like another $5k on the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post

Faggot

Nice. Wanna do mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post

Tony, the HIDs come with the Premium package which adds like another $5k on the price.

Quote Originally Posted by zedron View Post
    Nice. Wanna do mine?
    I'm fairly confident I can do the MH1 or MD2S's easily. Anything else will require me to hack at a few test headlights before. I have a pair of E36 headlights in my garage that belong to my cousin, I think I may attempt to retro those over the summer just to see what the process is like and how to do them properly.
    aka B18C5er

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_YYZ View Post

I'm fairly confident I can do the MH1 or MD2S's easily. Anything else will require me to hack at a few test headlights before. I have a pair of E36 headlights in my garage that belong to my cousin, I think I may attempt to retro those over the summer just to see what the process is like and how to do them properly.
    I want them done to my Integra.

Quote Originally Posted by zedron View Post
    I want them done to my Integra.
    DIY Article

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/11...completed.html
    aka B18C5er