Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Those are some good points Reaper.

just some questions and opinions.. no point was supposed to be made
    AKA Enigma

There has to be a certain degree of benchmarking each company does of their competitors, which is why the vast majority of cell phones are similar. I have owned a Blackberry, Droid and currently have a Windows phone. I have only used an iPhone a handful of times and find it really similar to the Droid. I have not analyzed every detail of the Samsung phone and compared it against the iPhone, but from the pictures above they look very similar. I am not a fan of either company, but it does look like Samsung took their benchmarking a little too far. Hopefully, this will not fuel the Apple lawyers in finding things to sue other cell phone companies.

Harry dropping knowledge.
    2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan -- Daily
    1999 Honda Civic Si -- 6165 powered/H2B
    2008 Chevy Silverado -- Toy Hauler

I spoke too soon, "What does the ruling mean for Google and Android? Samsung wasn't able to prove any of Apple's patents invalid, which is the major point that could affect other smartphone industry titans.

Armed with loads of significant patents now deemed valid in court, Apple could go on to sue other companies -- namely, Android maker Google (GOOG, Fortune 500) and its hardware partners.

Samsung is the largest manufacturer of Android devices, and while the software does vary a bit across manufacturers, it's largely similar. So smartphone makers could be sued for similar software infringements, and Google may have to tweak Android's user interface." (http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/24/tech...html?iid=HP_LN)

Quote Originally Posted by 91integrs View Post
    I spoke too soon, "What does the ruling mean for Google and Android? Samsung wasn't able to prove any of Apple's patents invalid, which is the major point that could affect other smartphone industry titans.

Armed with loads of significant patents now deemed valid in court, Apple could go on to sue other companies -- namely, Android maker Google (GOOG, Fortune 500) and its hardware partners.

Samsung is the largest manufacturer of Android devices, and while the software does vary a bit across manufacturers, it's largely similar. So smartphone makers could be sued for similar software infringements, and Google may have to tweak Android's user interface." (http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/24/tech...html?iid=HP_LN)
    You didn't speak too soon, this type of slippery slope fear mongering will naturally follow, this is why I don't like slippery slopes, because they're used to deter a legitimate action. We have to be careful not to discount the merit of a legitimate case based on the "possible" spinoff cases that may or may not follow.

Having said that, it is no secret that Steve Jobs vowed to spend every last cent of Apple's billions of dollars to go after Android, after Google allegedly stole the idea from Apple after he had a google ceo sit on his board. Will the new leadership of Apple continue where he left off, or will cooler heads prevail? I'm going to reserve judgement on each case individually as it unfolds.

yeah, that's a pretty awkward relationship to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHonda View Post
    i bet apple just got pissed because the S3 was better than what they will launch with the iphone 5.
    Because the S3, which hadn't come out yet when the suit was filed, is so superior to another phone that hasn't come out yet, a lawsuit for an amount of money that would not cripple Samsung had to be filed. That must be the secret motive behind this lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by 95civicex View Post
    Because the S3, which hadn't come out yet when the suit was filed, is so superior to another phone that hasn't come out yet, a lawsuit for an amount of money that would not cripple Samsung had to be filed. That must be the secret motive behind this lawsuit.
    i deserve that for talking out of my ass.

"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." -Bullet Tooth Tony

i didnt even know that samsung made the cpu chips for apple... talk about biting the hand that feeds you.. the other article says price will go up 100% for the parts that apple needs from samsung.
    AKA Enigma

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    i didnt even know that samsung made the cpu chips for apple... talk about biting the hand that feeds you.. the other article says price will go up 100% for the parts that apple needs from samsung.
    Yeah I'm eager to see if this dispute will really effect future apple products.
    a.k.a. mjr4189

Quote Originally Posted by 95civicex View Post
    the hardware part of it really is a superior phone. it is a fast fucking phone for sure. the only thing thats retarded about it is the keyboard, but download a new one good as new. the screen, the power, its a solid phone. I'm glad i got mine. Apple got scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    i prolly heard that, but i didnt know it either. retarded on Apples part.
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

Quote Originally Posted by civcmatt View Post
    the hardware part of it really is a superior phone. it is a fast fucking phone for sure. the only thing thats retarded about it is the keyboard, but download a new one good as new. the screen, the power, its a solid phone. I'm glad i got mine. Apple got scared.
    How can you definitively say it is better than a phone that hasn't even been announced yet?

Quote Originally Posted by civcmatt View Post
    What keyboard did you download?

SwiftKey is pretty sweet, its what I use on my revolution.

Wow yeah. I just got SwiftKey. It works wayyyyy better. Totally worth the $4.

"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." -Bullet Tooth Tony

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    ^^^^ exactly

and lets top that all off with the reason Apple phones perform well is because they have Samsung components driving them