Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Marginal Buisness.

Hey guys, i know most of you dont care, and many of you (us) are assholes, but i would like some input for my new business.

Automotive Mobile Detailing. There is pretty much no competition around here, i will be the only MOBILE detail within 30 miles.

I know the website is a little bland, but I built it from scratch on dreamweaver. I never built a site before, I had to spend more time learning than i spent "decorating".

I would like some critique about it.. what i should add, things i should remove.. spelling i fkd up on.. stuff like that. or any other ideas.. one thing ive been planning is making the navbar buttons actual images so it looks better. lmk, and remember im an html/css noob.

http://completelycleandetail.com
    ccmd logo.jpg
    AKA Enigma

If you have any customers cars/boats/motorcycles or projects that you have finished and have pictures of, that would help out a lot especially if you have a before and after picture.

Also not feeling the logo but that's just me.

Not being a dick but I'd start over from scratch. I don't like the name. I don't have any suggestions on this. The website looks cheap and isn't easy on the eyes. My eyes at least. It's a bit dark for my taste. The header also looks stretched and "mobile detail" doesn't exactly give the appearance that my car is going to be clean once you're done with it.

Wordpress is very east to work with. I don't know anything about dreamweaver but for a starter site wordpress is always a good base to build from.

Logo looks like shit.
    Website feels cluttered.
    Less is more.

Here's what I suggest, I'll even help you out with the logo when I get home. The font need to go, you don't need crazy fonts, something simple and easy to read
    that doesn't stand out and look gawdy. (sp?) Also lose the actual car, IMO a outline or line drawing/cartoon type pic of a car with some bubbles or mexicans cleaning the car looks a LOT better and gives a clean look.

Website has a good start to it, I like the layout of things, I just don't like logo/ads on the bottem. It's not like your getting ad revenue off them, so remove them.
    You can put them in a different section if you want to tell customers what type of brands you use and the stress the fact it's quality stuff.

I'll try to throw something up if i have time tonight and see if you like it.

otherwise good luck on your marginal bussiness if definitly partner with you if i was local. I always wanted to open up a hand carwash place.

you should change your image there, first off its a mustang and that just shows how much of a flamming homo you are....second its a little smashed you need to stretch it up a lil, move the mobile detail down just a tiny bit, and get rid of the white background, use that bubble thing you have in the banner, think that would change the look completely. (not even sure if you are using that white emblem at all or not but if ya do.

the next thing, for Undercarriage washes, why dont you just set something like truck $10 bucks, normal pass car $15 and sports car $20 or something like that. the wording in the () sounds kinda weird.

for your boat services, i understand why its hard to set a price for it, but not saying anything would shy me away from even calling you. having you come out and not knowing how much its gonna cost? or even emailing you and attaching a picture and blah blah....seems like a lot of work, ya know? nothing wrong with saying 100 and up or starting at 100. that way i know when i contact you im going to be spending at least 100 bucks. just an idea on how i would feel about it as a consumer.

the only other thing is why the heck is a motorcycle wash more than a standard car???? for the quick wash on a car you are waxing it for 30, and just a basic wash and seat clean is 40? why???

sorry if it seems like im ragging im just dropping some suggestions for ya.
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Logo looks like shit.
    Website feels cluttered.
    Less is more.

Here's what I suggest, I'll even help you out with the logo when I get home. The font need to go, you don't need crazy fonts, something simple and easy to read
    that doesn't stand out and look gawdy. (sp?) Also lose the actual car, IMO a outline or line drawing/cartoon type pic of a car with some bubbles or mexicans cleaning the car looks a LOT better and gives a clean look.

Website has a good start to it, I like the layout of things, I just don't like logo/ads on the bottem. It's not like your getting ad revenue off them, so remove them.
    You can put them in a different section if you want to tell customers what type of brands you use and the stress the fact it's quality stuff.

otherwise good luck on your marginal bussiness if definitly partner with you if i was local. I always wanted to open up a hand carwash place.

oh ya i meant to say that about the brand logos at the bottom as well, unless they are giving you free product and shit, remove em. i would do the same thing do a section for products or something liek that and stress about the high quality of all products used and write a little section put up a nice picture of your equip (if its nice) and things like that.

and i really like his idea of cartoon/funny logo.

those are more inviting and creative.
    Last edited by civcmatt; 09-06-2012 at 09:26 AM.
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

remember i live in Texas, the style here is far from jersey/new york area
    AKA Enigma

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Not being a dick but I'd start over from scratch. I don't like the name. I don't have any suggestions on this. The website looks cheap and isn't easy on the eyes. My eyes at least. It's a bit dark for my taste. The header also looks stretched and "mobile detail" doesn't exactly give the appearance that my car is going to be clean once you're done with it.

Wordpress is very east to work with. I don't know anything about dreamweaver but for a starter site wordpress is always a good base to build from.
    i already made the business, kinda hard to change the name right now LOL.. yeah, i just learned about wordpress, i havent looked into it.. dreamweaver is pretty simple.. and yes it does look cheap, i paid nothing for it

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Logo looks like shit.
    Website feels cluttered.
    Less is more.

I Had a silhouette of a car, but this looked much better when we made it. i chose the gt500 cuz it was convertible and doesnt have the brand on the front.

Thats a good idea, i wanted the pictures just to add to it, I will find a section to move them to. i will be adding pics of cars i cleaned soon, but not pics i took with my Black berry (its all i have)

Quote Originally Posted by civcmatt View Post
    you should change your image there, first off its a mustang and that just shows how much of a flamming homo you are....second its a little smashed you need to stretch it up a lil, move the mobile detail down just a tiny bit, and get rid of the white background, use that bubble thing you have in the banner, think that would change the look completely. (not even sure if you are using that white emblem at all or not but if ya do.

the next thing, for Undercarriage washes, why dont you just set something like truck $10 bucks, normal pass car $15 and sports car $20 or something like that. the wording in the () sounds kinda weird.

for your boat services, i understand why its hard to set a price for it, but not saying anything would shy me away from even calling you. having you come out and not knowing how much its gonna cost? or even emailing you and attaching a picture and blah blah....seems like a lot of work, ya know? nothing wrong with saying 100 and up or starting at 100. that way i know when i contact you im going to be spending at least 100 bucks. just an idea on how i would feel about it as a consumer.

the only other thing is why the heck is a motorcycle wash more than a standard car???? for the quick wash on a car you are waxing it for 30, and just a basic wash and seat clean is 40? why???

sorry if it seems like im ragging im just dropping some suggestions for ya.
    Some of that i forgot to change up (the under carriage wash. i will fix that now)
    as for the boats. im not really set up to do them at the moment, so i should just change that section to "Coming Soon"

That logo is supposed to be transparent background.. I dont know why it has the White..
    Motorcycles are 5 times harder to make look good. a car can handle a rough scrub. a motorcycle has 5 miles of body to be cleaned (all packed in little crevices) thats why
    Also i only added the wax to the $30 because most companies vacuum interior for that much, and i want to give the option of having your car cleaned while it is locked. but not lose out by not charging enough.

I know it needs alot of work. Thats why i posted, i dont post on any other forum with people that are even half educated about this kind of stuff.
    As for the background, i agree its to dark and i want to replace the blue gradient, but i dont know what to put.
    Last edited by Reaper; 09-06-2012 at 10:17 AM.
    AKA Enigma

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post

but not that far from mine homie

I will be working on it later tonight. I will upload everything to the server when im finished.
    The site will probably look pretty different tomorrow after I incorporate some of the ideas you guys are posting.
    AKA Enigma

let us know when its up ill check it wout when i get a chance

So, I'd drop using any kind of letters at all. Who could read them?

is it really that hard to read?
    I suppose i could make a boring simple one and see how everyone like it as opposed to what ive already made..
    Just doesnt seem like the logo matters that much.

seems to me hick/country folk would like the western text :shrug:
    Last edited by Reaper; 09-06-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    AKA Enigma

This was the original when i first decided on the layout..

so to me the new one looks WAY better
    AKA Enigma

is it really that hard to read?
    I suppose i could make a boring simple one and see how everyone like it as opposed to what ive already made..
    Just doesnt seem like the logo matters that much.

seems to me hick/country folk would like the western text :shrug:
    It was a joke about stupid people in Texas.

:)

i dont get it
    can you send it in a soundbite so i dont have to read?.......
    AKA Enigma

This was the original when i first decided on the layout..

so to me the new one looks WAY better
    honestly i like this one more

I probably would have stayed with it if i would have made it correctly the first time.
    AKA Enigma

What is this, a halloween themed car wash?