Join Today

Took the RSX to the 1320 strip this weekend...

The vid pretty much sums up my runs. It was my first time with the car at the track w/ my current setup. I plan on going a few more times this season as it starts to get cooler over here and hope to lower my ETs, I definitely think it's possible because of my traps, which I think can improve as well as we get some colder air. There was no scale there, so I have no idea what the car weighed. I started with 32psi in the tires and was getting some wheel hop, so I lowered them to about 23-25psi. For the most part I was pulling 2.2-2.3s, but did manage a few 2.1 60fts (gotta love FWD on a street tire).

The 335's best time was 13.3 @ 105.
    The EG's best time was 13.5 @ 102.5.
    05 Acura RSX-S - 228/160 Bolt ons + KPRO
    Yonkers Racing Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Danish View Post

The vid pretty much sums up my runs. It was my first time with the car at the track w/ my current setup. I plan on going a few more times this season as it starts to get cooler over here and hope to lower my ETs, I definitely think it's possible because of my traps, which I think can improve as well as we get some colder air. There was no scale there, so I have no idea what the car weighed. I started with 32psi in the tires and was getting some wheel hop, so I lowered them to about 23-25psi. For the most part I was pulling 2.2-2.3s, but did manage a few 2.1 60fts (gotta love FWD on a street tire).

Seems to be running pretty healthy, going to the track is always fun unless you were like me the first few times. Damage a used engine and have constant fuel issues. All is worked out though and been running great lol. Again good runs man.
    Car: 1985 Firebird (1/4 Best: 12.5 @ 109)
    Gamer Tags:
    Steam: ducKy or calducky@hotmail.com
    EA BF3: ducKstaz
    Ps3: cmm2k5

granny shiftin not double clutchin like you should

That's pretty close to the times my buddy has in his gutted EP3 with a K20A in it. pretty good time, since you don't seem to have any major work done to the motor adn it's NA.

LOL do they make you wear a helmet if you run 13's?

Here you have to wear a helmet if you're low 12's or faster.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Atk View Post
    LOL do they make you wear a helmet if you run 13's?

Here you have to wear a helmet if you're low 12's or faster.
    The track here in Iowa that I run at, if you're 13.99 or faster, you need a helmet.

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/n...time_brackets/

Most NHRA tracks follow the requirements, test and tune nights a bit different and are generally lenient. When I ran my 12.5 I didn't have a helmet and no one said shit because I was making clean passes all day.
    Car: 1985 Firebird (1/4 Best: 12.5 @ 109)
    Gamer Tags:
    Steam: ducKy or calducky@hotmail.com
    EA BF3: ducKstaz
    Ps3: cmm2k5

I wish it was calm like that when I drive my car down the track.

Quote Originally Posted by zedron View Post
    I wish it was calm like that when I drive my car down the track.

Good to see the car at the track. Get some drag radials and lower those 60's son.
    2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan -- Daily
    1999 Honda Civic Si -- 6165 powered/H2B
    2008 Chevy Silverado -- Toy Hauler

It will go faster as soon as I can get this issue with 2nd gear figured out, it really hurts my times that I have to shift slower 1st to 2nd then I do any of the other gears. Ordered an Omni Power CMC, read that a lot of people love this, so I am hoping to install that along with a stainless steel clutch line and go back in about a month or so to grab that mid 13s slip on street tires. My 60s weren't all that bad considering the setup, FWD car on street tires, I pulled off a couple , 2.1's...I need to mess with the launch limiter b/c I think I can come out harder than I was. And yes, you need a helmet no matter what you run.
    Yonkers Racing Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Danish View Post

What kind of 60ft did ant pull?

Kinda wish i had my srt still, would of walked you both.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post

I wish you still had your SRT too, I would definitely walk it.
    2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan -- Daily
    1999 Honda Civic Si -- 6165 powered/H2B
    2008 Chevy Silverado -- Toy Hauler

SRTs

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post

13.3s N55 fail.
    Yonkers Racing Vids

Quote Originally Posted by zedron View Post
    SRTs

I never see them on the road anymore, I think they're all totalled, lol.
    Yonkers Racing Vids

Yea I don't see them either,

I think they all broke lol.

Not bad, fastest I got in my car was 14.0 at 99 on stage 1.

^^^I ran a couple Stage 1 2.0T GTI's and it wasn't pretty. Need stage 2 or bust, imo...
    Yonkers Racing Vids