Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nissan Juke-R En Route to Customers

I think this was briefly discussed on here but not sure when, but it turns out it's actually a real thing.

The Juke-R inherited a few minor changes in its transformation from awesome-to-drive Nissan crack-baby concept to production vehicle, namely revised front and rear bumpers and the twin-turbocharged 3.8-liter V-6 from the 2013 GT-R. That last detail is the most significant, because it means the production Juke-R gets 545 hp—60 more than the concept version. The other Juke-R statistic that increased is its price; when it first announced it was selling a production model, Nissan tentatively priced the beast at €450,000, or roughly $590,000. Since then, the car’s base price has risen to an unholy €500,000, which is more than $650,000 at current exchange rates.
    I guess it's more of a publicity thing but I'm not sure how many units Nissan is actually going to produce. Not a big fan of the Juke's looks as it's a little fugly imo, and they went a little nuts with the fender flares, but i bet it's a blast to drive. I'll only be able to test it out in GT5 though because that price tag is a Juke...

BADUM PSHH
    '95 Civic Sedan + '08 Fit Sport

LOL.

One juke?

No thanks im gonna buy 6 GTRs instead.
    The artist formerly known as boosted_sileighty

Quote Originally Posted by Name View Post

LOL.

One juke?

No thanks im gonna buy 6 GTRs instead.
    Lol

People buy expensive cars in order to make a statement. In this case the statement is "I'm a retard".

I totally agree... I mean I couldn't even justify that amount of money for a few limited GT-R vspec editions, never mind the odd-looking Juke. It's a neat concept, and we get it Nissan you can apply the powertrain to another vehicle, but even with the level of exclusivity here that price is ridiculous. This is something that, if it went into regular production, should be close to or less expensive than the GT-R. Even with a limited amount of units being made this thing should be nowhere over $100k imo.

"yo dawg weren't you gonna get that sweet lambo??"

"nah i went with the juke-r instead, wayy more JDM!"

The thing i don't understand is it's not even faster then the skyline. Granted it's got transplanted parts FROM the GTR but shit, the thing is heaver which I
    don't really understand. They should of made it stupid light so the power to weight would of been a lot better.

That price you could buy a GTR mod it to the gills, and have money left over to buy 2 more super cars.

I just don't believe the price. What makes this car $650k with the same parts as an 80k gt-r?

its a cool publicity stunt, having 500 HP in that lil thing...its gotta be scary as shit to drive.....

but 650 for that car??? lol seriously who is going to buy that. even if i had all the money in the world i dont think id buy one.
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

Car is ugly and anyone who pisses away 650K on a Nissan needs to have their head examined. Would rather have the GT-R and a nice house, if I had 650K. I guess you could say that price is no juke.

Quote Originally Posted by Siegler View Post
    I just don't believe the price. What makes this car $650k with the same parts as an 80k gt-r?
    Limited, custom production compared to limited, production line production. That's all - recouping the R&D (that they didn't even have to do thanks to the company that originally did it).

We all know Jay Leno will have one.

Quote Originally Posted by 91integrs View Post
    Car is ugly and anyone who pisses away 650K on a Nissan needs to have their head examined. Would rather have the GT-R and a nice house, if I had 650K. I guess you could say that price is no juke.
    I don't think the people buying this car see $650k as a barrier to anything else. They likely already have a huge house and stable of cars to match.

Quote Originally Posted by sfd View Post
    I don't think the people buying this car see $650k as a barrier to anything else. They likely already have a huge house and stable of cars to match.
    but still pointless.....a stable of high end cars, lambos, Ferrari's, Bently blah blah....who the fuck would be like "I wanna show my status and pick up some bitches, go get the keys to the Juke"
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

it's just like that 'most expensive app' in apple store, a few years back. it's just a way to show people that you have money and you don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks. your money, spend it how you want it. sure, you can have a faster car, a lighter car, a better looking car, a better all around car... but it's not a Juke-R that costs $650k. and like sfd said, these cars are probably marketed to people who piss 100k every morning before breakfast.
    • thinkmad

I love it.
    2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan -- Daily
    1999 Honda Civic Si -- 6165 powered/H2B
    2008 Chevy Silverado -- Toy Hauler

so basically nissan is saying that the sheetmetal covering the Juke is more expensive than the GT-R's?

"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." -Bullet Tooth Tony

I think it has to do with the cost of production. There isn't a framework in place to build it and to set one up to build so few cars costs a lot per unit, as opposed to the gtr where there is.

well that's some serious inflation in costs then cuz you could price out every part on that thing and it probably wouldn't come close to that price. i think it's just a jacked up exclusivity thing... but unlike the Aston Martin one-77 and other super limited super cars (nearly in the same price bracket) it's just a beefier Juke. if it was under $100k i would probably think it was pretty cool, but it's definitely not $600k+ cool no matter what the reasoning behind that extravagant price tag, or how limited the quantities are.
    Last edited by EXCellR8; 10-24-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    Apparently, nissan stalled production until they received orders for the car.

Back when they first crossed the two cars (juke and GTR), some super wealthy dude offered them 1million per car . . this is what put the idea into Nissans head

The cars are built to order, so im guessing they have some customers in line to receive the car.

I think you would have to be absolutely dumb as fuck to pay anything over 50k for that Frankensteined turd, but hey... its their money. Let em spend it.